By Anonymous - 25/12/2012 01:31 - United States - Danbury

Today, I had to slowly explain to my mother that Americans are not the only people who celebrate Christmas. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 256
You deserved it 2 891

Same thing different taste

Top comments

americans like to think they are the only ones that do alot of things.

bettykooler 7

14 - You're being sarcastic right? America is the only country that celebrates 4th of July. Other countries have their own Independence Days.

Comments

americans like to think they are the only ones that do alot of things.

Some Americans keep thinking that there isn't a Fourth of July in other countries and I keep saying "Yes, there is... yes there is."

bettykooler 7

14 - You're being sarcastic right? America is the only country that celebrates 4th of July. Other countries have their own Independence Days.

Well they have the date, but it isn't a holiday everywhere else. Different countries have different holidays that are similar like France celebrates Bastille day but I am not positive of the date. Also I am really not sure what your comment is trying to say...

CharresBarkrey 15

14 - I really hope you're being sarcastic. Otherwise you're not helping the whole "ignorant Americans" thing.

I wasn't saying they celebrated it but I was saying that there was the date in other places. It was told to me as a riddle once. Just like "how many months have 28 days?" All of them do.

Calm down people, 14's sarcasm is quite obvious. It's the rest if you that are backing the ignorance pony.

Okay, you don't need to go acting like we are ignorant because his sarcasm wasn't obvious to us. His point wasn't even very clear. Nobody likes a know-it-all honey.

32, I'm guessing 27. She said "the rest if you..."

Oh, I didn't even notice the typo, I thought grammar nazis usually left obvious typo stuff like that alone.

Oh man. They're probably going to celebrate Chinese New Year too! D:

To be fair, a lot of people seem to act like only Americans are fat and stupid.

Seeing as many people didn't see it as it was intended, it wasn't that obvious. It might have been to you but it wasn't to other people, but I thought it would be, which it turns out, it isn't. Oh well.

I know one thing Americans don't do.... Spell 'a lot' right.

Really? After this thread you are still going to generalize Americans as not knowing that? I know it is 2 words and I am American. All this bigotry is really starting to piss me off.

winkydog4056 16

#2_Awww, Winky's in a super sensitive mode today. *a lot.

Not to mention "definitely" (I wonder when people started spelling it with an "a") and "ridiculous" (I wonder when people started spelling it with an "e"), plus the inability to discern possessive pronouns from contractions.

winkydog4056 16

Was mom passed out with a bottle of booze next to unwrapped presents and a knocked over Christmas tree during this enlightening discussion?

winkydog4056 16

#6_Winky doesn't get what you're commenting about. Can you explain it to Winky, s-l-o-w-l-y?

winkydog4056 16

#4_Why you ask? It's always a tough moment in a kid's life to find out the parents who raised them are absolute morons.

When you live somewhere you're whole life, it's easy to forget how the rest of the world lives. But why slowly?

winkydog4056 16

Oh wow, color me red, I don't know how that happened.

Your yellow though. If we colored you red you would come out an ompalumpa!

winkydog4056 16

#78_*You're. Slowly y-o-u-'-r-e. AND *oompaloompa. Slowly o-o-m-p-a-l-o-o-m-a. That concludes our spelling lesson for today.

the states arent very cultural, enough said..

LuckBeNimble 19

*certain people overgeneralizing puts you on the same level as the people you call ignorant. and it makes you look like an ass, that too.

There is enough racial tension in the world as it is. Why must everyone act like every other country is full of idiots? There are lots of idiots every other country too, stop acting like its unique to the US.

#13 I live in America, it is true, we aren't very cultural.

I live in America and we are. New York, Miami, California, Texas. Pretty damn cultural cities and states. Again, with what #13 was saying. Only certain people are not cultural, and, to add on, certain areas.

The states aren't very cultural? Where the hell do you get that idea?

Ins0mau 20

The U.S is very cultural. they are hugely influential in modern pop culture. With many not understanding other cultures doesn't mean they're not cultural themselves... Maybe I'm just being pedantic. But it bugged me.

I imagine the mother singing "A whole new world"...good old 'Merica

There's Christmas in other places? I didn't know that!! o;

I hope you're being sarcastic. If not then you're an imbecile.

Yes I was being sarcastic. If your idiot enough to believe people from other countries don't celebrate Christmas then your OP's mom.

winkydog4056 16

#57_*you're. Doggone it, Winky's already done this one today. Tail slap.

Some people don't even believe in "Jesus" and I'm pretty sure half the people in this world only celebrate it because it's a time for family, food, and gifts. And IF god create out world, why would his son only love America? No offense, but you're really not very smart...