By blehh - 14/04/2009 20:40 - United States

Today, I had horrible pains in my stomach area so I went to the doctors. They couldn't find anything wrong and sent me to the Emergency Room for X-rays. After spending the entire day in the hospital, they tell me I'm slightly constipated. I had to pay $400 to find out I had to take a shit. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 288
You deserved it 54 660

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's your fault. Wouldn't you know that you are constipated?

Comments

This is why you should live in a country where they don't make you pay to stay healthy. As for the people saying he should have taken a crap, if he was constipated he wouldn't have been able too... he might just have assumed the the fact nothing was moving meant he didn't need to go rather than that he COULDN'T go.

Osakhomen 0

My comment was deleted! WTF As I said before: Would you rather it been something more serious? I don't see how it's FML at all, and not really a YDI...

#56 I agree our healthcare system generally speaking sucks (it does vary a little from province to province so I can't really speak for the country as a whole) but there are plenty of countries that are both free and efficient, not to mention I'd rather find some other way to regulate unnecessary hospital trips than leaving people in a situation where they can't get the treatment they desperately need... anyone want to move to Europe with me? preferably somewhere warm and sunny?

#44, it's not necessarily the OP's fault that they live in America, or wherever they could be posting from. You actually sound more or less like a prick, by saying its one countries fault for not having free health care. I think its great, but keep in mind people abuse it, and the tax payer suffers.. In some ways the american system works better, weeds out the annoying ones that bitch about every little sniffle, but its also bad because those who actually need help can't get it.. There's no win win.. But still Canada's free health care blows, and that comes from a fellow canadian

curryndricegirll 0

Haha. I had the same thing happen to me. But they usually give you laxatives or something so that you're not constipated anymore. They tested the feces as well or something. Of course, I was only six years old at that time. I also don't think it was that expensive when they did it.

fortunecookie_fml 0

yep, happened to me too. my parents payed my hospital bills for four years. I also had a weird reaction to imodium though... haha.

Edmund_Dantes 0

For all the idiots saying you don't pay for health care up north... what's the tax rate in Canada?

Someone failed at giving you the abdominal exam.

I_Hate_Cars 0

Haha sorry i think these are the lyrics Icarasaly: Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea Yeah, Pepto Bismol.