By Recon - 17/03/2009 12:16 - Switzerland

Today, I had gone to the store and bought a new wallet. 5 minutes later a security guard asks for my receipt. Turns out I had dropped my receipt. Some guy had picked it up and pretended I had stole his wallet. The guard confiscated my wallet because the guy had "his" receipt to prove it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 103 714
You deserved it 8 416

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Didn't the sales person remember you?

yea, ask for the salesperson. ask the security to check the cameras. there is always a camera above the cashier.

Comments

Creativity at its best! I feel for you, though... :(

Wow. :/ Yeah you shoulda checked the tapes or at least with the cashier. That police officer's pretty dumb too, depending on ONE piece of evidence. Anybody could have taken the receipt and gotten the wallet.

actually, you had ZERO legal responsibility to hand over the wallet, you didn't have to show your receipt to anyone, at least if you were in the US, though I don't think most countries would be much different. security guards have zero legal authority, they can't detain you, and even if they called the cops and you stayed for that, the police can't make you hand over the wallet.

oh no! you lost like 40 bucks, you're right your life is F******

crazydoug 0

lol i would kick that guys ass

why didn´t you kill the guy? you should at least kick his ass

Why did you even hand it over? I would've laughed at his face because they wouldn't have been able to prove that you had stolen it. The receipt didn't mean anything. I hate to say it, but you deserved that one if you let it happen that easily.

Um.... Contents of the wallet should have absolved you. Your face is on your driver's license inside of the wallet......