By Recon - 17/03/2009 12:16 - Switzerland

Today, I had gone to the store and bought a new wallet. 5 minutes later a security guard asks for my receipt. Turns out I had dropped my receipt. Some guy had picked it up and pretended I had stole his wallet. The guard confiscated my wallet because the guy had "his" receipt to prove it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 103 714
You deserved it 8 416

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Didn't the sales person remember you?

yea, ask for the salesperson. ask the security to check the cameras. there is always a camera above the cashier.

Comments

kittyshock 0

there wouldnt even be an fml here if: 1) he had already put contents of old wallet into new one and 2) if said wallet was purchased by credit card or check- that would have been WAY to easy to prove. now the fact that the wallet was surrendered that easily makes this kinda deserved. did you try to explain? ask for management? anything? if not-sucks but totally deserved. depending on amount paid for the wallet i would have caused hell in that store until i got my shit back and then launched a formal complain against anyone who made the ordeal more difficult.

No. You deserve this one. If you can't think to talk to the sales person or look at the security camera OR EVEN JUST DON'T GIVE HIM THE WALLET! People like that make me sick. Blame it on someone else. Use your brain.

poison29 0

isn't the last 4 digits of your credit card on the receipt?

firstnlast77 0

UM don't you have a liecence (or even if u didnt have a car) some kind of school i.d and or some sort of photo identification on you. i agree it sucks for you but really that could have been handled

I call BS or deserved on this. There are about a million ways you could've proved your point - most mentioned above already.

So put your receipt away next time, and this won't happen.

Yuo shouldn't have dropped your receipt. I'm just joking, that dude was an asshole.

In both Canada and U.S. They have to prove that you stole it. People cannot just take it away from you. If the security guard took it from you then he was in essence robbing you unless he was taking it for evidence as a police officer (which he most likely is not)

Say no and walk away. Security guards can only use a phone and a flashlight.