By Recon - 17/03/2009 12:16 - Switzerland

Today, I had gone to the store and bought a new wallet. 5 minutes later a security guard asks for my receipt. Turns out I had dropped my receipt. Some guy had picked it up and pretended I had stole his wallet. The guard confiscated my wallet because the guy had "his" receipt to prove it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 103 714
You deserved it 8 416

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Didn't the sales person remember you?

yea, ask for the salesperson. ask the security to check the cameras. there is always a camera above the cashier.

Comments

^^ dude, he meant the new wallet not his current one. and eff this, you should have called a manager... demanded they review security tapes...

what a cocksucker. mall security guards think they have too much power

There are two options here... either the story is bullshit or the poster is an idiot.

what a douchebag! did you get your wallet back? i hope you do. xxx

I call shenanigans. Hanging out in a store long enough for someone to see you drop a receipt, tell security, and get you to give the wallet back, all AFTER you bought it? Nope.

If you paid with a credit card, the receipt should show the last four digits and possibly even your name. If not, then you should have demanded that the guard and the guy go back with you to the salesperson you bought it from. If for some reason, they didn't remember you, demand that they check the security cameras. Department stores don't trust their employees and keep cameras on every single cash register and they very easily could have gone back in the video to see that it was you who had bought it. If you let them get away with it, then you deserved it. Sorry, I know it sucks, but whatever.

#47 - Depending on the store, a lot of people will hang around and "shop" just for fun. {Sorry for posting twice, I missed out on the two minute edit time for the comment on #47's comment.}

inlimbo11 0

if you actually let that guy walk out of there with your wallet, you're a ******* dumbass. **** the salesperson, **** the security tapes, and **** the manager, i'd just walk out of the store with MY wallet. If it's yours there's no way to prove you stole it therefore no way for you to suffer any consequences by saying **** you and leaving. DESERVED.

Defenseless 0

You don't carry a photo ID? Yeah, right.

why did he just randomly stop you and ask you for your receipt??