By Unloved. - 15/09/2009 10:09 - New Zealand

Today, I had dinner with my family in celebration of my 19th Birthday. I've been hinting that I need a new laptop for months now and I was sure my family had bought me one. I have got a pair of slipper socks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 052
You deserved it 9 731

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well slipper socks ARE awesome. Fact is you are nineteen, expecting expensive birthday presents from your parents and being a little brat when you don't get one is very immature. You're an adult, go buy one yourself.

Comments

blue_mandie4 0

You're how old and you are whining that you didn't get something that you wanted? I don't feel bad for you at all, grow up!

No way. Your parents got ME slipper socks for MY birthday too!!! The cheap bastages. I've half a mind to move out of the attic!! Actually, it's because your dad got hooked on on-line **** so that's where all their money goes now.

YDI! You're 19 nd you're asking for a laptop for your bday!! Get a job and pay for it yourself!!

**** you, I was hospitalised for depression on my 19th birthday and my FML didn't get through but this does? BAH!

I'm going to say that this borders upon being a FML. It really depends on the situation, though. If the laptop was going to be a major going away gift, as well as a birthday gift (i.e. she was going to college), and if there really was reason to suspect that she was actually going to get one (she said she hinted at it, and it seemed like her parents were going to get it for her, after all), then getting slipper socks is a MAJOR let down. Slipper socks are a pretty shitty gift regardless of everything else. That's not even a gift into which one puts some thought; it's basically a last minute idea.

Bullshet 0

Oh wah. You didn't get your shiny new laptop. Stop being spoiled and be thankful they got you dinner AND another present, especially in this economy.

xxBAMFxx 0

Soon I'll be twenty with a Ferrari F30! Ha beat that !

jadeddream 0

The worst part of this FML is that the OP's name is "unloved" Your family freaking took you out to dinner and celebrated your birthday, how does that make you unloved?

Laptops are expensive. Maybe they couldn't afford a laptop. Just be thankful that they did something for you. I'm sure you're disappointed, but you could be a lot worse off. You have a home to live in, and a family who loves you. If you ned a laptop that bad, just get a job and save your money