By Unloved. - 15/09/2009 10:09 - New Zealand

Today, I had dinner with my family in celebration of my 19th Birthday. I've been hinting that I need a new laptop for months now and I was sure my family had bought me one. I have got a pair of slipper socks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 052
You deserved it 9 731

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well slipper socks ARE awesome. Fact is you are nineteen, expecting expensive birthday presents from your parents and being a little brat when you don't get one is very immature. You're an adult, go buy one yourself.

Comments

fckaduck 0

Unloved? Wtf? You might possibly be the biggest brat ever. Act your ******* age and buy it yourself. I would say YDI, but it doesn't sound like you even deserve slipper socks.

You're 19 and you wated your parents to buy you a laptop? You're old enough to go get a job and buy your own.

I really wonder why this was even allowed as an FML... Seriously, dude, take some initiative and either get a job or propose a plan with your family to do some odds and ends for them in exchange for some income. Either way, save your money and get whatever laptop, *****, or lubricant you want and stop posting stuff like this.

I can only assume that some people moderate the way I do: "Oh man, this retard needs to have ten thousand downvotes and a string of ignorant bullshit to read. Yes, for the love of God, YES."

Qblicnene 0

Sooooo.....can I have your slipper socks?

springbother 0

if trust springbother you will get air a book(信春哥得永生,fyl...you can find chunge in here http://www.hecaitou.net/?p=5846 Click) believe me you can get!

I don't really think the OP is saying FherL for still getting a present. I somehow think the parents had maybe led her to believe that they bought her a laptop. There is a maximum number of characters allowed for posts, so there's probably more to the story. Well there is, but we can only guess at it. I'm also in a good mood today, so I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt and say that she does have a job, or in a college/university program that doesn't allow for much time to be employed. (Kudos to those of you who manage to have a job and go to school at the same time, though. I'm not saying it's impossible, since I have friends in work/study programs due to need of financial need, and friends who work at their parents' work when not in class; however some programs do not allow the time for that)

Intellectualist 0

whether she's saying FHL at getting just slipper socks or not. The fact that she's saying FHL because she didn't get an extremely expensive birthday present means that she is an overgrown brat.

her name is "unloved". she totally deserves it for thinking that her family can only show love through expensive presents.

Willy75 0

YDI for building up your own stupid expectations.

crackberrie 0