By Unloved. - 15/09/2009 10:09 - New Zealand

Today, I had dinner with my family in celebration of my 19th Birthday. I've been hinting that I need a new laptop for months now and I was sure my family had bought me one. I have got a pair of slipper socks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 052
You deserved it 9 731

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well slipper socks ARE awesome. Fact is you are nineteen, expecting expensive birthday presents from your parents and being a little brat when you don't get one is very immature. You're an adult, go buy one yourself.

Comments

You obviously don't need a new laptop that bad if you're writing on fmylife.com...

KickassKala 0

SLIPPER SOCKS!?!? NOT FAIR! I'll trade you!!

Just to put things in perspective-- If you've got plenty of food to eat and clean water, you're better off than approximately half of the people that have walked/are walking this earth.

tangerine_12 0

no no. NEVER let other people pick you out a computer. you have to go with them and pick it out, then let them buy it for you. dont trust their dicision. ever.. they'll probably just pick you out a crappy one and say "happy birthday, you didnt let us know which laptop you wanted so we just guessed hope you like it!"

At first I was gonna say that sucks, until I saw your name was "Unloved". Wow, you're pathetic.

what a brat so you did not get want you wanted and that makes you unloved? what the F&@$? and also you need a new one as long as yours works and can access the internet why should you care?

YDI for being posting an FML with extremely bad grammar about sweet **** all.

I love slipper socks. I'm gonna ask for some for my birthday. OP, I'm 16 and I bought my own laptop with my own saved money. Get a job and shell out some cash. Something that expensive is not just going to appear as a gift. You're getting to the age (heck, you're PAST the age) that you need to think about working for the things you want. I'm sure your family still loves you (which is what really matters, right?).