By Unloved. - 15/09/2009 10:09 - New Zealand

Today, I had dinner with my family in celebration of my 19th Birthday. I've been hinting that I need a new laptop for months now and I was sure my family had bought me one. I have got a pair of slipper socks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 052
You deserved it 9 731

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well slipper socks ARE awesome. Fact is you are nineteen, expecting expensive birthday presents from your parents and being a little brat when you don't get one is very immature. You're an adult, go buy one yourself.

Comments

I went downstairs one day and saw a laptop sitting on a desk. I got all excited that it was for me. It wasnt my mother bought it for herself. The only thing that bugs me about it is that her and my stepfather **** their last 2 computers up pretty bad. As in it was the slowest computer I have ever encountered........I know they are going to **** this one up pretty bad too. At least they let me use it. But yeah you should start saving money if you want one.

i_like_chicks 0

pussy, buy your own lap top dammit. i did too, and everyone else does too

Seriously, your name is "Unloved"? YDI for being such a baby.

kylxyisbomb 0

ugh.. language people. there's really no need to curse at everything someone says. besides id rather have slipper socks than a laptop lol you could slide around in them on the tile all day. Holey cow I'd have so much fun with that!!!!

kirstensmook 0

some people dont get anything for their birthdays. grow up stop being so selfish.

kellster 2

Your entitlement complex, lose it. Your parents owed you food, clean water, and shelter. That's IT. Gifts are a kind gesture, and it is indeed the thought that counts, not the dollar sign attached! Why should you get such an expensive present?? Especially for an unimportant birthday like your 19th? Get a job and buy your own damn laptop!!

Bro, im from Welly too :P Im 18, own my own laptop and have a job at a petrol station.. not hard bru! Though yes, it does suck..

take a hint.... they're telling you to grow the hell up and buy your own damn laptop. GET A JOB HIPPIE!!!!

Unloved!?!?!?!?!? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH you pathetic sod, bury yourself in sand, i'm sure you have plenty of it, since it seems to be heaping out of your boycooter.

Why don't you buy one yourself instead of relying on your parents. Especially in the current economy maybe they could only afford your gift. Gifts should be accepted not critiqued.