By Unloved. - 15/09/2009 10:09 - New Zealand

Today, I had dinner with my family in celebration of my 19th Birthday. I've been hinting that I need a new laptop for months now and I was sure my family had bought me one. I have got a pair of slipper socks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 052
You deserved it 9 731

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well slipper socks ARE awesome. Fact is you are nineteen, expecting expensive birthday presents from your parents and being a little brat when you don't get one is very immature. You're an adult, go buy one yourself.

Comments

Who needs a laptop when you have SLIPPER SOCKS!?!?!?

fxdxhk90 0

All the people calling you a "spoiled brat" for expecting gifts are obnoxious jackasses that probably expect gifts on their own birthdays. However, laptops are very expensive and most people can't buy them on a whim. On the other hand, slipper socks are a crappy gift and you should probably expect something between those two extremes.

I wouldn't give you shit! We're not talking about a 12 year old here. Their ******* 19. An adult.

I wouldnt mind getting slipper socks, my feet are always cold! I called her spoiled (#100), i am not an obnoxious jackass, nor do I expect anything on my birthday. My parent usually come through with something but I don't get my hopes up. This year we went out for lunch, completely hungover, I didn't eat much lol but I was still grateful. Always the thought that counts. My parent actually felt bad they couldn't do more. Seeing as the OP was already out for dinner I don't see why she's complaining. boohoo.

Hey, don't be dissing slipper socks. THEY'RE FREAKING AWESOME.

you spoiled biotch i got cheese for my 19th bday and that's cuz i asked for it and so i was very happy save your own money for your laptop. you shouldn't even expect presents you're not 8 anymore

i dont see how this is a FML. i love slipper socks. i am quite jealous of you. and at least your family remembered your birthday

Clearly the world around you is crumbling, you're not a 12 year old who's parents by them everything they want anymore, how tragic.

So... I bought my own computer for college when I was 18. My parents still love me. I do not see the FML here. Your family got you dinner and a present. Get over it.

Oh wow....so here on FML, asking for something nice for ones birthday immediately makes the OP a spoiled rotten little bitch that needs to die a horrible and painful death for being greedy. It's their ******* BIRTHDAY people! Everyone has the right to ask or hint of what they would like for their birthday! Or is everybody not allowed to have birthday presents once they reach 18? If that's so, I've been wasting a shitload of money on birthday presents for friends and family, those greedy, spoiled, sons of bitches!

ArielTheMermaid 17

because they think they're unloved when they don't get everything they asked for