By Kaeyne - 24/03/2009 15:41 - United States

Today, I had an elaborate plan to ask this girl to Prom, and it was going to take a few minutes to set up. I asked my friend to distract her. He decided to distract her by asking her to Prom. She said "Yes". FML
I agree, your life sucks 281 184
You deserved it 47 531

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Go up to her and tell her. Not like tattle-tale tell, but just go out and say that you really wanted to go to prom with her and had a plan with decorations to ask her, and your friend who knew you were asking her out then decided to ask her. She'll understand, and find out that he's an asshole. #14 has a good idea too. Aha.

peeshlover5 0

awww/= what a dooshbag. haha. but whatever. you shuldve just asked her! plus i agree with number 14 (: you shudd get that betch back.

Revan_fml 0

You probably should have just asked her to prom. Your friend is smarter than you are. You completely deserved this.

Woah what I was going to say has basically been covered already! ha

FrostyNorth 0

He *is* a dick, but then again, I'd probably do the same thing if she was hot enough.

That sucks, but it raises an interesting ethical question. Presuming that he was already planning to ask her to the Prom when you asked him to distract her, what obligation did he have to you? I don’t think that he had a duty to abandon his plans to ask her to the Prom just because someone else expressed intent to do the same thing. At the same time, if he agreed to act as your agent by distracting her and then betrayed his fiduciary duty to you by asking her, he would have acted unethically. It would have been better for him to say “actually, I was planning on asking her,” and then work with you to come up with a fair way to determine who got to ask first (keeping in mind that a third person could swoop in at any time and ask her himself).

yoyog8r 0

ok numba 29 took all the fun and hilariousnious out of FML.

jalice22_fml 0

i completely agree with u! 29 did suck all the fun out of it!

666Broghan666 0

well since you have all that stuff, you could ask another girl if it wasnt too tailored to that specific girl