By Kaeyne - 24/03/2009 15:41 - United States

Today, I had an elaborate plan to ask this girl to Prom, and it was going to take a few minutes to set up. I asked my friend to distract her. He decided to distract her by asking her to Prom. She said "Yes". FML
I agree, your life sucks 281 184
You deserved it 47 531

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

I hope you socked him in the jaw. P.S- #29; How do you have the time to write all that??

STOP ASSUMING THE FRIEND KNEW WHY HE WAS DISTRACTING HER. thank you

hahahahahahahaha that guy is funny as hell crap friend bu my god what a comical genius!!

birds_fml 7

I've been hearing a lot about kids going to all this work to ask a girl to prom, like they're proposing or something. It's just prom. Just ask her out. And girls, stop expecting guys to make this stuff into a big deal.

Totally a dick move on your friend's part, but it shouldn't take an "elaborate plan" to ask a girl to a dance. Save that for a marriage proposal, when you're actually seeing someone and they're not up for grabs by the first guy that jumps at the chance. You kinda had that coming, dude.

#34 You are totally right, he just had an even better plan, he wanted to drop his lame friend who plans big romantic ways of asking a girl to prom, and get a girl to go to prom with him. He killed to birds with one stone... this friend is a genius!

medahj 0

what a jerk'friend' hopefully you found someone to go with you!

I have to agree on wanting clarification about what the friend was told. If it was just to "distract the girl" then I don't think he did anything overly dickish in asking her, as he didn't know that was what you were trying to do. Believe it or not, sometimes just asking things like that, without going into elaborate schemes and plans, actually works! I recommend you try it sometime -- an overly elaborate plan is almost bound to fail.