By Pongy - 12/11/2013 05:31

Today, I found out that shirt sizes don't get longer, they get wider. Being 6ft4, every shirt I try on makes me look like a cheap stripper. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 636
You deserved it 3 263

Same thing different taste

Top comments

strawberrywine22 30

Do you live near a Big & Tall? My husband is also 6'4 and we have to go there or order his clothes online. It's the same with his shoes...he wears size 14!

You should try a big and tall store. Don't worry, you don't have to be big to shop there. They specialize in both. Watch out though, shopping for clothes that fit taller frames can get a bit pricey. Good luck! Didn't see number one before I typed my comment.

Comments

Well, I'm 4"11 and if I don't get very small sizes it looks like all of my tops are dresses.

I'm 6'8" and have the same prob. I buy XL and i cant dry them in the dryer or they shrink to much. So i have to hang dry them

I'm 6'6" and have a size 17 shoe tell me about you fashion problems

OP, my boyfriend has that same problem. He's 6'5", really thin, and has broad shoulders-- so basically, all t-shirts he buys at department stores hang on him like tents! He's managed to successfully find a lot of clothes that fit at Express: fitted t-shirts and button-downs, as well as jeans/sweaters/blazers. Of course, he's lucky that Express is also exactly his style of clothing. Check them out if you haven't already; if you like their stock, even if they don't have your size in-store, you can usually either order the item off their website or they'll have it sent to your local store. Express is nice as well because they have frequent sales, so if their clothes fit, it's a bit more affordable than getting everything tailored! When it comes to more formal clothing.... yeah, he has to get that tailored. At least in that case, a good suit is typically so expensive that the cost of tailoring is trivial in comparison! Something to be happy about? At any rate, Men's Warehouse is where he goes for that. Don't quote me on this, but I *believe* you can also bring in items from other stores to be tailored there? The big thing is just to remember that department stores will NOT stock your size (especially if you live in a state stereotyped for having overweight folk-- he's had employees actually admit to him that yeah, you're in Wisconsin, it's just not profitable for us to stock clothes for tall, thin people!). You'll have to either go to a brand store and/or get them tailored. Best of luck!

I'm really short so I kind of understand you :P except I usually look like a kid wearing an adults clothing. And that sucks when you're 25.. -__- However I have a lot of tall friends and they don't seem to have that much trouble finding shirts and stuff and they shop at stores like H&M. I know a lot of swedish brands usually make the garments shorter or longer depending on size but that isn't really standard and I have no idea how the rest of the world do it. x)

Lol that's so funny the way you put that op

I have a similar problem, I'm 6ft2 but weight 130lb so most of the clothes I find are too big or too short.

I completely understand your situation op. I am 6'5" and weigh in at 300 lbs. I hate going to stores that have 40 inch waist but only 30 inches long or having to wear a 3xl shirt just make sure the sleeves are long enough.

yscpunkchick 14

Try Sears or K-Mart. I used to work at a Sears. If you look hard enough, a lot of their men's clothes come in tall sizes.

Wow, don't know where you're from OP but I live in France and I've never had problems finding clothes big enough. I'm 1m89 (~6'2") for 68kg (150 lbs) and I occasionaly find a pair of trousers that are too short AND wide but normally I can find my size in nearly anything. The only thing I have a problem finding is shoes, I'm euro size 47 and "normal" shoes only go up to 46-47, so I often miss out by 1 size...