By Pongy - 12/11/2013 05:31

Today, I found out that shirt sizes don't get longer, they get wider. Being 6ft4, every shirt I try on makes me look like a cheap stripper. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 636
You deserved it 3 263

Same thing different taste

Top comments

strawberrywine22 30

Do you live near a Big & Tall? My husband is also 6'4 and we have to go there or order his clothes online. It's the same with his shoes...he wears size 14!

You should try a big and tall store. Don't worry, you don't have to be big to shop there. They specialize in both. Watch out though, shopping for clothes that fit taller frames can get a bit pricey. Good luck! Didn't see number one before I typed my comment.

Comments

I feel your pain. I'm. 6'2 female and dress and suit shopping are NEVER fun.

Same here and the sleeves stay the same too

Think of the positive, now you can start a new hobby like sewing. I started 2 months ago, now I can make pants, shirts, dresses, and even purses :)

Try being 5ft 1. Everything thing is big on me. They are long and baggy. So I guess we are in the same boat with clothes just the opposite situation,

5'2 here, I've rarely gotten pants that I didn't have to hem or sweaters that I didn't need to roll the sleeves on.

Oh I know! And if you don't eventually they will tear and you will trip on them!

Ugh yes! So annoying. Had to learn to sew or beg my mom to fix my clothes for me. lol

You are in a much better position. It's very easy to hem pants, shorten sleeves, etc.... All it takes is a good pair of scissors and a bit of sewing skills. It is however damn near impossible to make garments longer, since typically you can't conjure up fabric out of thin air.

FYI OP, shirt size get wider AND longer. An XL person will obviously take up more shirt material therefore requiring a longer shirt.

bella_bunz0415 10

Be a model there freakishly tall and find designer clothes to wear

I'm in the same boat. Only LL Bean Tall sizes fit correctly.

JimberlyHope 9

Now try being that tall and a skinny girl. There are no pants that fit me.

FeelingIT 10

Amen! And forget about finding shorts in the summer. The smaller the waist size, the shorter they get. Sometimes I think wearing granny panties would be better prevention of indecent exposure than size 0 shorts on a 6' frame!

Get a tailor. It's a little bit more expensive, but once you've found a good one, and they have your measurements, you can get whatever you want made quickly, and you know it will fit perfectly. I'm 6'4" myself, and get a lot of my clothes tailored now. And if you're ever in SE Asia, get them all done there, stupidly cheap and you can get really good quality as well (or really bad if you choose the wrong shop).