By smallpaycheck - 16/08/2009 00:49 - United States

Today, I was working at a shoe store and was helping a dude try on shoes. He looked like trouble and I wanted to finish with him. When he finally picked his shoes, he abruptly stood up and ran out of the store with the shoes on. The cost of them was deducted from my salary. $240. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 027
You deserved it 4 064

Same thing different taste

Top comments

season4reason 0

there's no way he can deduct the cost of the shoes from your salary.....there is no way you can be held accountable for theft unless you were letting him try the shoes on right next to the exit of the store or w/e but even then, theft of store items should be reported and should be covered by the stores insurance policy.....next time, dont wither so easily under your boss and stand up for yourself......

when you are not at work, get a friend to have the boss wait on him. get the most expensive pair of shoes and run off with them on.

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

The ability to spell and the ability to type are two different things. I just thought you should know that, LaceyPatrickson.

fckinbowdown 0

**** that man it's not your fault he stole it shouldn't be deducted from your pay. take it up with managment or higher ups if they don't help

fake. why wouldn't the shoes have all the protective crap on them?

sailingtheseas 0

He could've ran out with the protective stuff on it.

I've tried on shoes, even expensive ones that didn't have all the protective stuff on it. It all depends on where you shop really.

haha looked like trouble? I guess he was black lol

CEiiLEiiGH 7

How racist, rude, and stereotypical.^^

when you are not at work, get a friend to have the boss wait on him. get the most expensive pair of shoes and run off with them on.

lphchld 0

Fake... it's against the law to do that.

It depends on where you work. Some states don't have laws about this, I'm sure. If someone stole an XBox 360 where I work, I can kiss my paycheck good bye until the following week.

jen11989 0

its also illegal to kill people.. but does that stop people from doing it? didnt think so

season4reason 0

there's no way he can deduct the cost of the shoes from your salary.....there is no way you can be held accountable for theft unless you were letting him try the shoes on right next to the exit of the store or w/e but even then, theft of store items should be reported and should be covered by the stores insurance policy.....next time, dont wither so easily under your boss and stand up for yourself......

its 100% illegal to deduct money from you for this under federal and state law. call the department of labor and they will straighten it out.

Oh, damn. I wouldn't have stolen them if I knew it would be taken from YOUR paycheck. Besides, the soles are VERY UNCOMFORTABLE. Not worth 240. Hence why I was planning on returning them or buying them, but since it would have been a rip-off, I'm not. (;