By livin - 11/09/2009 06:10 - United States

Today, I found out that on Wednesday, when I have 2 exams, I'm called to testify in court. If I go to court, I cannot make the exams. If I take the exams, I'll be held in contempt and arrested. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 176
You deserved it 5 928

Same thing different taste

Top comments

call your instructors. they should let you take the exams another day due to your court appearence. if they won't talk to the dean. sucks that you have to go to court though.

Gesq1 0

This is simple. Show the subpoena to your professor. If you haven't been subpoenaed then you're not under a legal obligation to attend - unless you've been previously ordered by the judge to be there. Have one of the lawyers write a quick letter. There are things you can do here. Don't just wallow on FML.

Comments

You can't fight city hall, aka Blockoland

Like has been stated before- I'm pretty sure that your professors and school are legally required to let you re-take the exams! If they still refuse to after talking to them about it, do some research! Good Luck

I would be stunned if it were actually true that you could not take your test on another date given the circumstances.

OMG THE WORLD IS GONNA END, THERES ABSOLUTLY NOTHING YOU CAN DO! YOU ARE SO ******! Wait, no. Just take the exams at another day, jebuz.

This isn't an FML. This is a "That's life."

You're an idiot. The school has to let you go, and you cannot be penalized for it. Same goes for missing work. That's pretty uniform law all across the US.

DieterDerBlau 0

Contempt of Court??? Hell, if you were me, you'd be in contempt of the entire legal system... Go testify, refuse to swear on their bible, and have fun making up answers. If your college refuses to reschedule your exams to make way for the need to keep the gears of our LOLlegal system a-rolling, perhaps THEY'RE the ones in contempt of court. YDI for playing their games in the first place. Enjoy being a rat in their maze.

pommeblossom 0

The teachers will let you reschedule.

I'f the teacher's won't let you do the test another day, well then FYL. This is a PERFECT example of a PERFECT FML

I think I saw this one already..or maybe it was similar...