By livin - 11/09/2009 06:10 - United States

Today, I found out that on Wednesday, when I have 2 exams, I'm called to testify in court. If I go to court, I cannot make the exams. If I take the exams, I'll be held in contempt and arrested. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 176
You deserved it 5 928

Same thing different taste

Top comments

call your instructors. they should let you take the exams another day due to your court appearence. if they won't talk to the dean. sucks that you have to go to court though.

Gesq1 0

This is simple. Show the subpoena to your professor. If you haven't been subpoenaed then you're not under a legal obligation to attend - unless you've been previously ordered by the judge to be there. Have one of the lawyers write a quick letter. There are things you can do here. Don't just wallow on FML.

Comments

You should have no problems taking the exams and doing jury duty. They are required to allow you to take them!

Tell your school ASAP! I hope it is not too late to let them know.

Um, this is pretty standard. It happens to a lot of people. Just let your professors know in advance and they have to allow you to take it at another time. Flipping idiot, this isn't an FYL. Pull your head out of your butt. This MIGHT belong on mlia but it's not funny either. I just feel angry at myself for wasting time reading this worthless post. You sir should take yourself out to a pasture and shoot yourself. You are polluting the gene pool.

This isn't an FML. Just show the examiner your summons (or do whatever application your school requires) and they have to let you take the exam another time.

antonioohama 0

Write them a letter that says you have exams that day!! That's the most obvious response.

CountDuk 5

TALK TO YOUR TEACHERS AND SET UP A DATE TO TAKE THE EXAMS EARLY!!! If that doesn't work out, definitely go to court instead, because if you go to prison they may confiscate your exams...

Man FYL, I hope it works out for you. Hopefull the dept heads will understand. I had to miss a test due to giving birth to my son. It took me about 2 weeks to be able to get premssion to retake the test. My professor was very mean and acutally insulting about it, such as you should have contacted me that day if you couldnt make the test. Tried to explain that during labor I 1. wasn't really thinking about the test and 2. I wasn't really up to using the phone.

I can't believe you didn't think of talking to your teachers before posting. I'm sure if you wanted to make a fuss of it that there's some sort of legal requirement they have to follow.

Obviously, you should go to court. Talk to your teacher about it genius.