By newdad - 06/09/2010 23:21 - United States

Today, I found out that I'm a dad. My ex from 8 years ago contacted me through facebook. I'm happy I have a kid, but apparently she only contacted me because she wants me to start paying child support, now her boyfriend who provided for them left. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 819
You deserved it 6 004

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ask for a dna-test. she seems crazy enough to make up the story to get some extra money.

Women like that are not making other single moms look good with the 'money hungry' stereotype that's growing these days....

Comments

godofcyanide 8

Paternity Test Tuesday indeed. Demand one before giving her a dime, and tell her if the kid isn't yours, you want the money for the test.

Get a paternity test before you give her any money.

that appened to a friend of mine. he was laughing through the whole thing cos he was sterile since birth (so they think).. the woman ended up having to pay all court costs and for the dna testing. he knew from the start it wasnt his, but didnt tell her he was sterile so she took him to court and she had to pay all the tests :)

I agree about getting the test, but if the child is his the court will make him pay back support from childs birth to now. All I can say is that if the child is yours, try to spend as much time catching up as possible. I've never met my dad, but I would give anything just to see him once.

The court should force him to pay back pay since it's not his fault that he didn't know about the child, it's hers.. OP didn't do anything wrong

squishy_pillow 0

you don't have to pay child support unless your name is on the birth certificate. otherwise, she has to get a court order to make you take a paternity test. if you are the father you have a legal right to visitation. don't be a dumbass. get proof before wasting your money on some woman who is probably just trying to use you! wow.

#89 - Wrong-o! Most states in the US, California included, take the mother's word at time of birth as to who the father is. If he wasn't there & she named him as the dad, *he's the dad*, legally. It's probably way past the statute of limitations for him to challenge it.

Get a paternity test before you admit to anything and before you write a single check. Otherwise even if you can prove it's not your kid you'll be paying until they're 18. And in Kalifornia, you can look forward to having to come up with 8 years' worth of back support. Smile! sign me "10 months to go"....

have you at least gotten a paternity test done?

That's what you get for impregnating a bitch and not using a lid. Get as much custody as you can and child support will be minimal.