By allergic - 21/10/2010 03:12 - France

Today, I found out that I have a gluten allergy. What this basically means is that I can't eat anything with wheat in it; bread, pasta, cake, you name it. I am Italian, this basically limits me from eating any of the awesome food my family makes almost every night. Here I come plain rice. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 728
You deserved it 3 297

Same thing different taste

Top comments

There are gluten free flours out there -not at good as the real thing but still work-able. it's awful at first but eventually you learn to adapt and barely even notice the difference.

I've got that too ;( Believe me that sucks!

Comments

they make gluten free foods you know. even all of that awesom italian food has a gluten free version. if your family even cared about you they would have switched to the gluten free stuff.

Im hispanic I found out i have celiac 7 months ago it sucks but after a while you get use to it and once in awhile you can cheat and eat some gluten but you will probably have stomach issues. I know we cant have preservatives so everything has to be natural/organic. I know i cant eat potato chips but alot of things are gluten free like UTZ chips are all gluten free. Eat rice and beans! Yummmmmmmmy!

I agree your life sucks I just happened to be diagnosed with it yesterday aswell!

BennettGrantKevi 0

got it too for the last 6 months. there are a ton of restaurants and fast food you CAN eat at just look it up and read alot about it. good luck!

I've got it too. worse things can happen. there are many options now. 10 years ago it was completely unheard of. do some searching, you'll find it's not that bad.

abimack7 0

im so sorry my mom has that, i understand. because she cant eat i cant either