By allergic - 21/10/2010 03:12 - France

Today, I found out that I have a gluten allergy. What this basically means is that I can't eat anything with wheat in it; bread, pasta, cake, you name it. I am Italian, this basically limits me from eating any of the awesome food my family makes almost every night. Here I come plain rice. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 728
You deserved it 3 297

Same thing different taste

Top comments

There are gluten free flours out there -not at good as the real thing but still work-able. it's awful at first but eventually you learn to adapt and barely even notice the difference.

I've got that too ;( Believe me that sucks!

Comments

you can get gluten free pasta and other stuff it's not as tasty but it's better than nothing and beside my name been a celiac since she was 25 all you gotta do is find the taste you like so stop your complaining I recently had a blood test and when am older maybe my thirtys or something I will be a celiac aswell and I've already started eaten gluten free foods and it's fine

848901 0

There pasta alternatives that don't include wheat; do some research...

dude I'm Italian too and have the same thing lol I know it sucks but yea hang in there :)

um... you can get gluten free pasta, pizza, bread, cake, biscuits, you name it. a lot of restraunts also offer gluten free menus. I actually like some gluten free foods better than the normal ones :)

HaxivX 0

There's only one word: Suicide

eponine243 0
italiatinkerbell 0

dont bring being italian into it, u can eat a lot of different foods! or are u too ignorant to see that as well?

I am gluten free. there are so many great substitutes. Once you get use to it you will be fine.

a friend of mine has the same but is also lactose intollerant,and something i cant remember the name on. literally, she cant eat anything containing , wheat, milk/diary products, egg, or nuts. oh she hates vegetables and she also is a vegetarian. how does she survive??? beats me...

so u can still get all the nutrients u need u should try these shakes. sounds weird I kno but I take them they are gluten free & they taste like cake. my webiste it http://liveliferight.bodybyvi.com n if u have any questions email me at [email protected] they're delicious! I drink them twice a day!

RKD 23

Try not to let it get you down, op. Check around the internet and the bookstores, there is probably a way around it, they have ways of cooking food all kinds of ways now, like mashed cauliflower instead of mashed potatoes for those on low carb diets-you'd never know the difference and it tastes great! Just don't give up, if you come from an Italian family that likes to cook you can have them prepare it in different ways for you that won't aggravate your gluten allergy!