By allergic - 21/10/2010 03:12 - France

Today, I found out that I have a gluten allergy. What this basically means is that I can't eat anything with wheat in it; bread, pasta, cake, you name it. I am Italian, this basically limits me from eating any of the awesome food my family makes almost every night. Here I come plain rice. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 728
You deserved it 3 297

Same thing different taste

Top comments

There are gluten free flours out there -not at good as the real thing but still work-able. it's awful at first but eventually you learn to adapt and barely even notice the difference.

I've got that too ;( Believe me that sucks!

Comments

im italian too,i cant imagine having that

Don't worry too much, you know there are some grocery stores that offer, in their biological section, a lot of Gluten-free products such as pizzas, cake mix, etc. Just check it out ^-^

join the club. im gluten free too, only i cant have CORN either. oh, and tip, OLIVE GARDEN has the best gluten free pasta ever, and if ur lookin 4 gluten free snacks WHOLE FOODS ROCKSSS! lol good luck.

well if it helps chipolte is delicious and it is gluten free!

I dontthink you can even have rice. but you can have other types of wheat

laraphoto 0

It's really not that bad. I'm Celiac and have been without wheat for 4 years now. There are pastas, breads, and cakes that are gluten free. I usually eat Udi's bread (the multi grain is delicious) and there are plenty of rice/corn/quinoa pastas that taste delicious. My boyfriend can't even tell the difference with the pastas. Plenty of restaurants offer gluten free options, there are tons of Italian restaurants that offer good tasting gluten free foods. Just do a little research and you will be fine.

it's really nothing to feel sorry about there are so many options now and with raising awareness it's becoming really easy to be gluten free. When ever my family has pasta I simply have them cook my gluten free noodles separately, and it's always the same. Sorry but you life doesn't really suck, just think of it as a way to be healthier! Good luck and there are a ton of resources out there!

you can get gluten free flour, that tastes quite similar :)

it's actually not that terrible. my cousin and my aunt both can't eat gluten but there is tons of good gluten free recipes you can make... you just have to find the good ones! like sometimes you can't even taste a difference! my aunt makes gluten free brownies and they're delicious!