By allergic - 21/10/2010 03:12 - France

Today, I found out that I have a gluten allergy. What this basically means is that I can't eat anything with wheat in it; bread, pasta, cake, you name it. I am Italian, this basically limits me from eating any of the awesome food my family makes almost every night. Here I come plain rice. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 728
You deserved it 3 297

Same thing different taste

Top comments

There are gluten free flours out there -not at good as the real thing but still work-able. it's awful at first but eventually you learn to adapt and barely even notice the difference.

I've got that too ;( Believe me that sucks!

Comments

purplemnm 9

pour the awesome pasta sauces on the rice.

plain rice FTW but ur life totally sucks though...

Um how is this an FML? I can't eat gluten AND dairy. And I'm Polish.

ull get used to it. Im the same with milk.If i eat milk I could have a severe reaction and die. In a few months ull get the hang of what you can and can not eat

I have the same thing.... it sucks there's flour in everything, even some ice-cream, and MC Donalds fries. :-(

In Sweden McDonalds fries are gluten free. The problem is if the fry it with nuggets. Damn those nugges. (but in swedland they don't mix the two!) Sweden is great to be gluten intolerant.

I have it, too, and after a little bit of grieving, I realized it was the best thing to ever happen to me. I eat better, my taste improved, and I'm finally healthy. Trust me, this is a good thing.

NettotWSecnarf 0

A gluten allergy in nothing. I'm not supposed to eat wheat, cow's milk, eggs, or peanuts and I'm also allergic to gluten, corn, soy, oats, cashews (my favorite nut), basil, garlic, and coffee. I'm also pre-diabetic which means I'm supposed to stay away from fruits. I just found out June 30th this year. Now I finally know why I was sick EVERY FREAKING DAY!!!  So yeah it sucks but just be glad gluten is your only food allergy and just ask your parents to be understanding and use gluten free flour and pasta.