By allergic - 21/10/2010 03:12 - France

Today, I found out that I have a gluten allergy. What this basically means is that I can't eat anything with wheat in it; bread, pasta, cake, you name it. I am Italian, this basically limits me from eating any of the awesome food my family makes almost every night. Here I come plain rice. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 728
You deserved it 3 297

Same thing different taste

Top comments

There are gluten free flours out there -not at good as the real thing but still work-able. it's awful at first but eventually you learn to adapt and barely even notice the difference.

I've got that too ;( Believe me that sucks!

Comments

FYLDeep 25

Allergies suck. I hope you find an easy way to manage that. I pretty much had to give up dairy food this past year due to my own issues.

Allergies do suck. I'm allergic to most fruits and they don't make fruit-free fruit. My husband recently developed a seafood allergy and there's no decent alternative to that either. It seems like whatever food you love the most, you will end up allergic to it. God, I want a plum.

thikimo 0

ew I hate how westerners cook their rice. fyl.

thikimo 0

No. With butter, in some type of lasagna dish, w/ out rinsing the starches out…etc

My in-laws boil theirs until there is no flavor then they add gravy. It's a crime! I have eaten steamed rice by itself as a meal and it's delicious. Still, pasta would be tough to give up. It's a good thing OP doesn't have to. There are so many gluten-free foods out there and some are really good.

RedPillSucks 31

Bleached rice is the worst. All the nutrition bleached out of it. I like my rice like I like my women. Au natural.

thikimo 0

bleached rice? rice isn't bleached. when rice is milled, the hull is removed and the naturally white core is exposed. Less nutritious but more delicious.

too bad that all the best foods have it..FYL for sure!

Seriously shut up! That's not a bad thing in the least. I am also Italian and gluten intolerant. In addition to being allergic to wheat and dairy. You will realize how much better you feel when you don't eat gluten crap. It's a much better lifestyle than poisoning your body.

so for the past 5000+ people have been eating poison...dare I say it...to survive!?

I think she is saying it's a poison if you are allergic so your sarcasm is a little unwarranted.

Elixa 0

That sucks, but this isn't really a fml. So what? you have to cut some foods out and replace them with other ones, in the end you will be healthier. I'm sure there's a lot of starving children around the world that need gluten free diets and can't afford to make the change. they can't even afford to eat. period. Stop being a baby, and deal with it!

invest in great medication then my man!

Chichainator 0