By Anonymous - 02/05/2009 20:12 - United States

Today, I finished my SAT and was feeling pretty good about it. I decided to turn on my phone, since it was on silent. As the guy was collecting our tests, my phone vibrated a little. My score was cancelled. It was a text from my mom reminding me to turn off my phone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 390
You deserved it 88 017

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why would you ever, ever turn your phone on when still in the room? You deserve that twice.

you deserve that sooo much...they repeat over and over again DO NOT TURN YOUR PHONE ON UNTIL YOU LEAVE THE BUILDING, is it that hard to be away from your cell phone for two seconds in order to take one of the most important tests of your academic life??

Comments

Every single test I have ever taken, they remind you over and over to turn off your phone.

laviebelle 0

That happened to me too...I thought I had turned my phone off before the SAT started, turns out I didnt. Towards the middle of the SAT, my ringtone goes off and my test was immediately confiscated. They made me leave the classroom and sit in the hallway without my phone. My proctor then had to call the SAT Headquarters and report the incident. She then proceeded to tell me that there would be a full investigation if any of the other students in the class complained that their train of thought was interrupted during the test. Luckily, there was no investigation. I'm absolutely paranoid now in places where cell phone are forbidden. I actually take the battery out.

Maybe if you'd just stuck the phone in his face right then to show him what the message was, you'd have been excused. Still, as much as it sucks, you shouldn't have even brought your phone into the room.

cheese_grater 0

Lol @ #11 #34 - That's probably a good idea. It sucks but you deserved it. I TURNED OFF my phone for one of my SATs and it decided to ring ANYWAY. It rang - even though it was off - to remind me I had the SATs that day typed into my schedule. Apart from a lady telling me to turn it off immediately, I was lucky not to get into anymore trouble.

fulnotmine 0

I know the feelnig, and it sucks. I was taking the ACTs, and i was convinced i had turned my phone off. I didnt. My phone rang, and I bent down into my purse and turned it off. I shouldnt have because had I not turned it off, it wouldve rang for a second, and the proctor wouldnt know whose phone it was. She ended up confiscating my work. aaaah i still hate the ******* bitch even though its been 4 years!

He's collecting the test. What do you have, 20 minutes to go? Stare at a freakin' picture in the room or something. Who in their right mind goes "hm, let's go turn on my phone despite the fact that I can't do anything with it once it's on"

randomdude1234 0

FYL, screw the system. It's sad how paranoid people are. They should definitely trust you that your not gonna cheat. I mean if they actively see you look at your phone then write something on your test ok. But how are you gonna cheat without looking at it. And really disrupting train of thought??? What if someone sneezes, should they have to go a full investigation too.

Aww, I feel your pain. Once I came into an exam running a little late because I'd almost forgetten my student ID. Dropped my bag, and hurried to a seat to make up for lost time. I was 15 minutes in when a cellphone starts ringing at the front of the room. Whose ringtone was that? Mine. The supervisor starts creeping through the bags getting closer and closer to mine and it stops just in time (There's a $200 fine for phones ringing in the exam). Paranoid they'd try again and I'd get in trouble, I rushed through the rest of the test in about 5 minutes and bolt back out of the exam just before my phone starts ringing again. It was my grandmother - calling to wish me good luck in my exam. Surprisingly - I still passed.

#39, you're an idiot. OP, YDI, you must be pretty stupid.