By Jackie - 18/09/2009 01:36 - United States

Spicy
Today, I finally told my fiancé about the crippling sexual abuse I suffered through as a child. He immediately broke off the wedding. His reason? He can't marry someone who isn't "pure". FML
I agree, your life sucks 95 828
You deserved it 4 895

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You won with that deal, not having to put up with him for the rest of your life.

Who the hell is voting, 'you deserved it'? What kind of people are you?

Comments

you didn't tell him this before hand?

Trust me, I said something to that effect already, but people have argued it, saying that it's not any of his business. Even though it was her soon-to-be husband. Oh well, I never said the FML wasn't terrible. She's better off without him anyway

She probably felt like she was being a really good considerate person (and rightly so) for telling him before the marriage. She worked up a lot of courage to do that, no doubt. People generally don't say, "Hi, nice to meet you! My name is ____ and I was sexually abused!"

It's not exactly something you go around telling everybody. And some people go through a lot of boyfriends... would you really disclose that kind of abuse to every boyfriend?? It's not like she waited until after they were married before telling him.

Watch as he shows up on the news as a victim of a brutal rape and kill.

This is why religious assholes who go on and on about "purity", "righteousness", and "holiness" are complete morons.

I'm one of those "religious assholes" who think purity is important, but you can't fault somebody who's had sexual abuse forced onto them!! I think her ex was a complete moron. As if she could help it? You're the asshole for not even understanding the "religious" point of view and then making stupid uninformed generalisations.

I don't think the sorries you've received aren't nearly enough. I'll add mine. Sorry. He gives men a bad name, don't give in to this kind of shit ever. You never deserved to be abused. No-one does. The first kind of abuse is made worse by this one. Being rejected and told you're not worthy, trying to build on the trust you'll need during a marriage only to thrown away. It's all abuse. I hope you rise above it. And I'm not just going to say that without this link: http://www.plentyoffish.com/

Oh I'm so sorry. The only silver lining from this is that you found out before you married the ********. What an asshole.

bugmenotmofo 34

Feel so sorry for you, Jackie. What happened is not your fault and it's the utmost injustice that your fiancé let you down because of that. An unequivocal sign of the poorness of his mind and soul. Be happy that you're no longer engaged to that pathetic, deadlocked soul. I wish for him to be abused in his behind by a horse. Guess, that's the only thing that could change his mind.

If he was willing to end the wedding because of something as stupid as being "pure", and was such an insensitive dick about a traumatic and horrible experience in your life-that you didn't choose- YOU ARE SO MUCH BETTER OFF WITHOUT HIM! There is someone out there who will understand and love you no matter what.

What a bastard. Good that you found out he's a total loser now rather than after the wedding.

at least you found out what a moron your ex-fiance is!!if he cant deal with it and be considerate,,you are so much better off without him!..... i am so sorry you had to deal with abuse when you were younger and dont listen to that idiot ex-fiance of yours...you are pure because you didn't do anything wrong....and i really hope you find someone great,who supports you no matter what.:)

PlasmaFox 0

Hey, look at me, I'm a total fucknut! I have totally stupid views!