By Jackie - 18/09/2009 01:36 - United States

Spicy
Today, I finally told my fiancé about the crippling sexual abuse I suffered through as a child. He immediately broke off the wedding. His reason? He can't marry someone who isn't "pure". FML
I agree, your life sucks 95 827
You deserved it 4 895

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You won with that deal, not having to put up with him for the rest of your life.

Who the hell is voting, 'you deserved it'? What kind of people are you?

Comments

You won with that deal, not having to put up with him for the rest of your life.

What a jackass. You don't need him. Plenty of fish in the sea.

Wow that's just ****** up. But your fiancé is a total asshole.

kellster 2

I'm so sorry. If he can't handle knowing that about you, then I bet there's a lot of other stuff that life will throw his way that he also won't be able to handle. I'm sorry it took this long to find out that he was this useless. Hopefully you'll find someone later on who can handle being with a real person who's had some bad experiences as well as the ones that are easy for everyone to process.

loserlikenoneoth 0

I'm so sorry, but I'm so glad you told him before you guys actually got married ;/.

Who the hell is voting, 'you deserved it'? What kind of people are you?

Trolls, idiots, people with an odd/warped view of sex... =/

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Nah, they are people who completely lack physical dexterity with a mouse, and missed a few times while trying to click "YLIF".

Haha. Somehow I kind of doubt that since each user is given one vote. I find it hard to believe very many people on here know her and voted accordingly. Maybe she is a bitch. Innocent until proven guilty, though. Besides, in my opinion, you'd have to be the world's worst **** with no redeeming values to deserve that. I honestly can't think of anyone I know personally who would.

Indeed. No one deserves sexual abuse, no matter how horrible you are.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Quest_ 13

I think that's a really shitty thing to say. Your comment adds absolutely nothing to the thread, except to illustrate you as a self-righteous little douche. I don't understand how you can hear that the OP finally found the courage to open up to the man she loved about a childhood trauma, then rejected with the underlying implication that she probably wanted it anyway. "Based just on this", I think it's safe to say "anything bad" about him. I'd probably think he was a misogynistic dick even if the OP had revealed to him that she had, perhaps, had consensual sex before dating him. But the fact that he rejected her for abuse, just places him beyond any possibly derogatory description.

tiancai 0

Yeah I don't get why everyone thinks of the fiancé as such a bad guy. I understand that what happened to the OP wasn't her fault, but.. it wasn't her fiancé's fault either, so there's no reason why he should be forced to accept "damaged goods".

tiancai 0

As the saying goes... i'm a total buttmunch for having totally sad views on life

this is too sad to be on FML :( OP, I wish you lots of strength to get through this, you don't need the asshole!