By Dejected - 07/12/2009 19:16 - United States

Today, I finally got a hold of my husband who I haven't actually talked to in 2 and 1/2 weeks since he is deployed and it's hard to chat. He told me he couldn't talk because he was in an epic battle, in Call of Duty. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 180
You deserved it 4 722

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Zachlax45 0

you have obviously never been in an epic battle in call of duty. lol

dont bother a man and his video game system

Comments

By Call of Duty he really means.."I have a great piece of ass lined up in the barracks." How do I know? I am a former Marine and know for a fact about 95% of the troops are playing hide the IED with each other.

xlossofmex 0

57- There is a difference from letting him spend free time doing what he wants when you have talked recently and him putting a game first after 2.5 weeks without communication. Any good relationship requires a certain amount of communication and requires that you set aside "some" time for the other person. I mean that is some great relationship to be ignored for more than half of a month...

devendarling 5

If she hadn't heard from him at ALL in 2.5 weeks, he could've at least talked to her for FIVE minutes. Being deployed is NOT only stressful for him, but what about for her? You dread knocks on the door because that could be a soldier telling you that your husband was killed in duty, and that you are now officially a widow. You can tell who the lonely trolls are on this site... I hope your xbox/ps3 is good in bed.

damnwtfdude 0

Sorry but I sympathize with the man specifically because I do have a wife. If it were up to her, she'd have me in tow everywhere she went, chatting about her scrapbook layouts and craft purchases and how the woman across the street is cheating on her husband with like 3 different guys. I'd go to every event and be the background husband. Guys need to detach from the relationship occasionally and just be themselves. I have not yet met a woman who is able to allow her guy to be who he is completely without any strings attached. Everyone has expectations of their partners in relationships. Guys need release from that from time to time. Both me and my wife are ex-military. A month without contact is not uncommon in deployment situations. Hell, she lost her cell phone when I went overseas and I couldn't reach her for anything for 3 months.

Wow guys, what was suppose to be a fun little quote about her husband being gone sure did turn into a shit storm. Maybe she thought it would be humorous to post something like this up, maybe she hung up on skype for an hour and a half to let her man play his video game because she knows how much he loves video games, just like she does. Maybe they ended up talking later on and laughed about it and joked about the tough situation he is in while cramped into his little MOD room, with a tiny heater blowing dry air about, causing the pictures on the wall of home to rustle, and wished him a good night before he fell asleep for a few hours before he had to go back to work. Maybe the wife knows what he has to do, and what is called of him, and loves him dearly and misses him just as much. Enjoys the little bits of time he can relinquish to her. Knows the dangers he has to face because she was in the service too and understands his schedule, the demands upon him, and the miserable time constraints, as she waits at home with her heart turned off just incase she does happen to look out her door to see two sailors in uniform to tell her there will be no more calls, no more waiting for him to come home. And is laughing right now at all of the hateful posts knowing that if I was serious about being hurt that I would never post something like this on a site to be ridiculed and debased, but would rather lift her chin up high like a strong woman who has been taught to be a "Hardened War Wench" and suck it up and be a wife that deserves a man like hers. Or she's just a bitch.

iv just about lost my boyfriend to cod too. even his 'non-xbox-playing' friends hav had enough of it. he's contemplating taking a day off work to hav an all day

not to excuse him, you should be a higher priority, but if he is playing COD MW2 he is probably playing with his military buddies and relaxing and if he leaves the game it could ruin it for the other 10, 20, 30 people he is playing with. so dont take it too hard.

It seems like a lot of the people who commented have never been in love or a real relationship before. She's upset because after weeks of not being able to speak to her husband, he'd rather play a video game instead of talk to her. Who wouldn't be upset? She spent two weeks not hearing her beloved husband's voice, and not knowing if he was even alive- him being deployed and all. She's being a wife. She's not being a bitch for being concerned or for missing him. When you love someone you care about them, and want to know that they are safe, and you want to hear their voice, and to know what's been going on in their lives. It's not like she wants him to stop playing video games forever. It was just for a few moments. And I do understand the whole guys being obsessed COD thing. I even got my bf an XBox just so he can play with his friends and not be left out. People just have to prioritize. Video games do not outweigh relationships with people- may it be romantic, friends, or family.

sarcdude 3

you got your boyfriend an xbox? I think you're the best girlfriend ever.

xKoga 0

While I agree that MW2 is the epic of games right now, relationships are more important. However, a man needs his video game time. I play MW2 a lot and have a girlfriend, but I talk to her a few hours a day to make time for her. Girls, women, ladies, MW2 > you at some point in time.