By Dejected - 07/12/2009 19:16 - United States

Today, I finally got a hold of my husband who I haven't actually talked to in 2 and 1/2 weeks since he is deployed and it's hard to chat. He told me he couldn't talk because he was in an epic battle, in Call of Duty. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 180
You deserved it 4 722

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Zachlax45 0

you have obviously never been in an epic battle in call of duty. lol

dont bother a man and his video game system

Comments

that's normal! but still I would quit to talk lol

he has a Call of Duty for you! wudda douche.

COD is way more important than girls, my friend. get used to it.

Wow, you can tell none of these losers are married, nor will they probably ever be! B/c I would choose my husband over ANYTHING in this world, I would choose him over anything b/c, oh I don't know...I LOVE HIM!?!?!?!? And I would expect the same out of him. My husband is deployed and of course I don't expect him to call me while he is literally out there putting his life on the line, I do expect him to call me when we haven't talked for a while and has down time. But I don't have to worry about that, b/c he always WANTS to call me! I laughed at you #. 40, who said their sister's husband was deployed and its"not as difficult as you claim"...blah blah blah...that is so funny! I would love to see the person you love more than anything in this life spend an entire year away from you and their family, putting their life on the line, then you tell me if it is easier. You are disrespecting every single military member who has ever fought and will fight in the future by saying that b/c you know nothing of what you speak of unless you have been there. No matter how much contact you get to have with a deployed loved one, it is still VERY difficult. Did you have to spend your one year wedding anniversary separated? do you ever have to worry every single night that you go to sleep that your husband could possibly not come home? Did your husband ever miss a childs first words, first birthday, first steps? does your child ever ask you why can't daddy be there? or maybe not even remember who daddy is b/c he has been gone so long? Or have a knock at your door and your heart jumps in your throat b/c you fear it could be 2 soldiers standing there waiting to tell you that your husband isn't coming home. You go though those things, then come tell me that a deployment isn't "as difficult as you claim it to be"

Bravo my dear. I'm right there with you, and a little preturbed that you said it before i could ;-) Its my first christmass as a mrs. and even though i have spent many christmasses with my husband, this one is our first as a family, and he isnt here. Any heartless assholes want to tell me "boo hoo" go ahead. You try it sometime, being alone for a year. not single, not looking, but having someone whom you love and loves you very much being simply missing from every gathering and every meal. Then tell us again, that its not difficult.

Exactly! Yes I count my blessings that I do get to talk to my husband more often than some might, and yes I count my blessings that we live in an age of such technology that we aren't relying on letters as past generations had to do, but that doesn't mean it isn't difficult day in and day out to be over 7000 miles away from your other half. That doesn't mean my job as a military wife is a cake walk! I'm glad someone else understands this!

Video games are no life and death matter - they're much more important than that! How dare you interrupt his downtime! You are a terrible person and should be ashamed! *boo* *hiss*

i'd be glad he was playing a videogame and not with another woman .. so your life isn't that bad

Armywife159 0

My husband is deployed, and we talk a lot of we went 2 1/2 weeks without talking because he was on missions and what not and he said he wanted to play video games. Bc this isn't choosing between wife and game. It's I just I my ass on the line for 2 weeks and I still do I need to focus on a game for a while. That's what it is. And umm how did you get a hold of him?? Bc he would of had to call you or get online - so I'm saying I think it's a little fake. Plus as a military wife you need to understand his needs aren't always you. My hubby is on iraq and though I wish I was above all and god sent to him, right now I am his wife and that. He has a job to do, a damn good important one, and if that means he wants to play codmw2 or whatever the abbreviation is then he does. My husband works 16 hours a day 7 days a week. He deserves his down time. So stop bitching because you weren't number 1 for a second - sorry you had to be number 2 so he could be number 1

I'm not sure If I believe you are a military wife, b/c either you are new and naive or are just pretending to be a military wife, b/c as a military wife you should know, that some people ARE able to call their loved ones over there. Some people actually have phones in their rooms, or even cell phones that they are able to use sometimes that the wife could call on. It is very possible that the husband had been gone on a mission, and has now returned to his room where he has a phone. As this is the case with me and my husband. Yes we go long periods of time without talking, but when he is not out on a mission, he is in his room, and I am able to call him. But I will just chalk that up to you being new at this or something.

Armywife159 0

To #51 we are spending our 1 year anniversay apart. I was reading what you said, he deployed may 5th we got married on Jan 5th. He also had leave and left 4 days before my birthday. And 3 days after our wedding he left for a month with no communication. All of our firsts are in our second year. So yeah I want to know how people feel about that.. Do you think its that easy to spend ur birthday, ur Christmas all those things alone? Valentines day...

I feel your pain, we are spending our 1 year apart as well, and lots of other firsts. God bless you and your husband and you are in my thoughts and prayers, along with all the other deployed service members and their families!

xlossofmex 0

Wow really? She's being an inconsiderate bitch? They haven't spoken in 2.5 weeks and a video game is more important? I'm a gamer myself but relationships and marriage are a tad more important. It's not like she told him he couldn't ever play or she was calling him every second. To those of you saying SHE is in the wrong, be prepared for terrible unfulfilling relaionships in your future until you learn something about priorities.