By rosesareyellow - 30/07/2010 04:40 - United States

Today, I dropped my phone in water, and my friends told me to put it in rice to draw out the water. They put my phone in riceroni. My phone now smells like chicken and has rice seasoning stuck all over it. Needless to say it still doesn't work. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 053
You deserved it 33 471

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hey. You got one of the new Ismell's. :-P Anyway, it's dry rice you have to use dumbass. And you have to leave it in there for a day or 2. Either that or A. be more careful or B. Get some phone insurance if it's something expensive.

Comments

wesmaster169 0

you retard they mean white rice

If you want to fix it, do it yourself. There's a strip in the phone that turns red when its water damaged so your warranty is already void. Crack it open and dry it out as best as you can, then cover a q-tip with a coffee filter, dip it in alcohol, and clean any gunk you see on the circuit board. Close it up, put the battery back in, and try to turn it on. This is how my brother fixed my iPod after it got flooded. Of course, do this at your own risk, and make sure you take the battery out. But really, unless you have one of those insurance plans on your phone, they aren't going to replace it, so you might as well give it a shot. Good luck OP.

blackcats31 0

my best friend did the exact same thing =P

You are a genius my friend, to put your phone in rice that wasnt plain.

It never fails to amuse me to look at the pathetic reasoning behind why some people say YDI..."YDI for dropping your phone in water." wtf? lol

#84: YDI for not adding to the litany of YDIs. YDI for not enjoying some good lulz. YDI for not heaping it on the OP; Schadenfreude is a wonderful thing.

Yum! A phone that smells like chicken! What better way is there to stimulate your appetite?! Oh, and I heard the rice rumour too... but I would still safely assume it's supposed to be PLAIN rice.

that worked for me, i messed up my iPhone by dropping it in the toilet so I but it in a bag of rice and about 3 days later it worked fine.

hurry you can still save it!! all you have to do is place it in the middle of an open flame for 35-45 minutes. it works I swear.