Cool phone

By Anonymous - 30/01/2023 03:30

Today, I put my phone in the fridge to cool it down. Now it's cold, but it won't turn on. FML
I agree, your life sucks 133
You deserved it 1 299

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just put it in rice for a few days and it'll be fine. Hot pork-fried rice works best.

Well, you can either just tell yourself that you prevented it from exploding or you can be honest and realise you foolishly bricked your phone.

Comments

Well, you can either just tell yourself that you prevented it from exploding or you can be honest and realise you foolishly bricked your phone.

Just put it in rice for a few days and it'll be fine. Hot pork-fried rice works best.

I do that occasionally, but only for 5-10 min max.

Just heat it back up in the microwave. js

OK - Be aware that some of the comments were to do things that would just make things worse. I am aware they were meant as humor, but some people don’t know much about electronics. Microwave - A good way to destroy anything electronic… Fried rice? You use uncooked dry rice to absorb moisture if it got wet - clever humor, though… Depending on why and how the phone got hot, it could be the battery has failed or the electronics are failed, or just too much talk or cellular data leading to the original heating (this is rare now) but in the days of flip phones it did happen. Assuming you put the phone in the refrigerator side instead of the freezer (which would be a bad idea) there’s no reason being cool now would keep it from working unless there is some failure in the phone or battery… You really need to take it where you bought it if it’s in warranty or to a phone repair place… By the way, I am an electronic engineer.

I'm surprised this would brick a phone. They travel in unheated trucks and are stored in warehouse. Must have been just to big of a temperature change to quickly.