By rosesareyellow - 30/07/2010 04:40 - United States

Today, I dropped my phone in water, and my friends told me to put it in rice to draw out the water. They put my phone in riceroni. My phone now smells like chicken and has rice seasoning stuck all over it. Needless to say it still doesn't work. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 053
You deserved it 33 471

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hey. You got one of the new Ismell's. :-P Anyway, it's dry rice you have to use dumbass. And you have to leave it in there for a day or 2. Either that or A. be more careful or B. Get some phone insurance if it's something expensive.

Comments

transcedental 18

omg .... just dry it with a hair-drier.. i dropped it in a puddle, and it helped :) but be careful dry it from a safe distance, you don't want to overheat it ;D you should take the battery out too :?

i had to use rice once worked great

I dropped my iPhone into the pacific ocean last month and couldn't find it... if smbd picks it up please, dry it carefully...

Sorry OP about your phone, but I do have to say your friends aren't that bright, You are supposed to put it in DRY white rice. I just recently accidentaly dropped my phone in the Marina where I keep my boat, it sunk all the way down to the bottom (12 ft of MUCK) so its sleeeping with the fishies. I feel bad for you ...... you lost all your texts, contact and pictures. Hopefully you have all your stuff backed up. Good Luck ..

Elenachka 0

I did the EXACT same thing! it made it on the boat all day, took some amazing pictures of sunset and whatnot, then pulling the boat against the dock my iPhone slipped out of my hoodie pocket and fell in :(

xXDubbleChic 11

take out the battery and just leave it out for about a week

frist of all is uncook n rice. white rice dry.

To bad your friend where last in line when brains where handed out!

this is rele wired cuz that exact thing happend 2 my friend last week

kaitlyn3xo 0

your supposed to put it in plain white rice dumbass

I'm calling fake. The ricearoni seasoning/flavoring is kept in a seperate pack and not added until you cook it. So unless the OP is a complete moron and put his/her phone in a cooked product, the phone should still smell normal.