By TANT - 22/03/2009 04:53 - United States

Today, I decided to start working out because my friends said I'm scrawny and weak. I bought an expensive giant container of protein powder to take before during work outs. I wasn't strong enough to open the lid. FML
I agree, your life sucks 434
You deserved it 78

Top comments

Today, I tried to inject steroids. I wasn't strong enough to squeeze the syringe. FML

Comments

BulldogQB4 0

That really is unfortunate man. However, that is why you're working out you know? If you're really invested in what you are doing don't think about who you are now but who you are destined to be. Not to mention lifting helps with comprehension and memory as well as the physical aspects. Stick with it bud!

also try taking it before you go to sleep, especially if you're trying to gain weight, your body's in a catabolic state when you sleep and it's perfect for massive weight gaining

Don't try taking it before you go to sleep, because protein only attaches to muscles needing to be rebuilt. It's not like a carb that will turn to fat if it goes unused, it will simply pass through your system and be excreted. You might as well flush a buck or two down the toilet every time you do that. Best idea is to take your protein about an hour before or after your workout if not both times. Most containers will tell you the same thing by looking at the label. HAPPY LIFTING ps stay away from creatine. While you may see more immediate results you're putting yourself at risk for heart attack and other health risks down the road.

BulldogQB4 0

#33 I would suggest taking protein 2 hours before bed. Otherwise your body will have problems digesting the protein and that will keep you awake. I've experienced this during two-a-days.

Anonymus101 4

I wouldn't even take anything before working out, just work out you will build natural energy and not need any protein.

WendlaMimii 0

Don't worry, I'm the same way.

Lol awww... thats so sad. YOU CAN DO IT!! :D good luck

I've seen a lot of weak and small people head to the gym to "get big." They all fail within a week or two. Work on your self-esteem and confidence, then you will see looking big is just dumb.

#36 Proteine is there to rebuild the muscle tissue, so your muscles will grow and you'll have more strenght.