By TANT - 22/03/2009 04:53 - United States

Today, I decided to start working out because my friends said I'm scrawny and weak. I bought an expensive giant container of protein powder to take before during work outs. I wasn't strong enough to open the lid. FML
I agree, your life sucks 434
You deserved it 78

Top comments

Today, I tried to inject steroids. I wasn't strong enough to squeeze the syringe. FML

Comments

hahaha good one. i take protein shakes to (try to) gain weight as well. good luck!

#51 Maybe you should try weightgainers instead, they mainly consits out of carbs instead of proteines. Proteines are actually the hardest supplements (out of proteines, fat and carbs) to turn into bodyfat.

forget the protein shakes, just work out and eat right.. my roomate during UC Berkeley tried to work out and eat that muscle milk powder stuff too... he could beat me in arm wrestling later on but my other roomate (who is a girl, lives on the other side of the apartment) said he still looks thin and scrawny.

Body building is not good for you if you do it wrong. Wrong includes poorly timing the type of foods you intake, unbalancing your diet, and over supplementing. Every one goes on about protein all the time, before during after and making it more than 30% of their caloric intake. First of there is no possible way your body needs the amount of protein that would come from a diet of over 30%. Second off, protein is never the primary energy source during a work out. For shorter higher heart rates, simple carbs and glycogen stores are used, for long distance low heart rate work outs as much as 90% of your energy comes from fat. Sure, protein is used during those activities, but not that much. So what since does it make to take it before or during? The other problem is only using protein directly after a work out. The first thing you body wants and needs is to restore the glycogen that is absent from the work out. Why? because how will your muscle be able to mend and heal if it has no energy to do so? A combination of high and low GI simple carbs fortified with small amounts of easy protein is ideal. Raisins and fruit are very good for this because they are very alkaline, helping to balance out your bodies PH levels after the acid build up from your efforts. (Balanced PH speeds healing) Your body wont even need large amoutns of Protein till as much as 2 hours after you workout, once the muscles start the mending process. That is when you need to eat your protein base for recovery. There are a lot of meat heads in this world that think protein = muscle fiber, lots protein good. That simple train of thought discredits the complexities of our bodies inter workings. I am an Ironman Triathlete, I've read the books and listened to the trainers. P.S. studies have found that people who supplement (particularly vitamins) live up to 16% shorter lifespans due to over supplementing. Just eat healthy and balanced.

#34 ANY reputable health specialist I've read or talked to over my rise to Ironman will refute you on this "It's not like a carb that will turn to fat if it goes unused, it will simply pass through your system and be excreted." Its a mith to comfort all those people who protein binge.

06SuFi 0

#48 obviously doesn't lift and is a moron. You can take protein before during or after you work out. I get Men's Health every month and they have said that any of those times are ideal for taking Protein, even on the bottle it will probably tell you to take it 2 to 3 times a day. I only take it when I work out, but just find out what works best for you. If you really small I would suggest taking it 2 to 3 times a day, not the most healthy thing to do, but if your trying to get big then thats what I suggest.

ironic. protein powder is disgusting though.. i'm glad you couldn't open it

TheOrpheus 0

so you gotta get some Whey and Soy protein powders and combine a scoop of each when you wake up and before you work out. Then take those 2 and a half scoop of Casein protein after a workout and a scoop of just casein before bed. That will help you put on some mass. oh and FYL you weakling! lol.

haha can u even do a pushup? or a pull up?