By TANT - 22/03/2009 04:53 - United States

Today, I decided to start working out because my friends said I'm scrawny and weak. I bought an expensive giant container of protein powder to take before during work outs. I wasn't strong enough to open the lid. FML
I agree, your life sucks 434
You deserved it 78

Top comments

Today, I tried to inject steroids. I wasn't strong enough to squeeze the syringe. FML

Comments

did you ask the girl next door to help you with it?

#48 what if he didnt know that dumbass

well thats what its for right? hahah good luck!

wow.....thats why you need to work out.......

at least it was that, i couldnt open the damn cd container today :p

LMaster 0

#34, don't know where you got your information but it is completlely untrue. Protein is an energy conaining macromolecule and as such it won't just be excreted. If one I laid around all day and ate 700g (2800 kcal) of protein powder each day he would inevitably gain weight (in the form of fat). He would also probably die from lack of other nutrients, but thats beside my point. #54 has it about right. You need protein, just not ridiculous amounts. Somewhere between .8-1g of protein/kg body weight is more than sufficient for the general population. For someone who is training hard, especially to gain muscle, something like 1.5-1.8 g/kg body weight is more than sufficient with an absolute upper ceiling of 2 g/kg of body weight. Any more than that is purely excess and will only serve to increase your caloric consumption. "it redistributes water in your cells but if you dont replace the water with muscle aided by protein and lifting then youre just going to get fatso. Ive gained 20 pounds in a year and Im still at 4.6% body fat. It works" I'm not sure you really understand what creatine is/does. Creatine, more specifically creatine phosphate, is a naturally occuring compound in muscles formed from, you guessed it, a phosphorylated creatine molecule (phosphate added). In all cells (including muscle) their is a molecule called ATP that is the primary energy source. ATP in needed for the muscle to contract, because it changes the structures of other components of the muscle cell to produce a contraction. This is where the creatine comes in. Creatine can donate its phosphate to recharge an ADP (di-phosphate as opposed to tri-phosphate) back into ATP. What this allows you to do is get that last one or two reps you might not have been able to do without the creatine to reload the ATP. Creatine WILL NOT have any effect whatsoever on your maximal power output (over time maybe, but not for any one given workout). The thing about creatine is that is can be largely obtained from diet, spefically red meat and fish. While I won't say creatine does nothing for someone with a diet that contains these animal proteins it probably won't result in a monster effett; however, a vegetarian who doesn't eat these foods is likely creatine deficient and he/she may notice a more dramatic benefit from the creatine. Yes, taking creatine will some weight increase due to water retention but taking it will in no way make you fatter or gain fat - unless you sit on your ass and eat more.....

Probably'd be the same with me. I'm überweak...:'( So I feel for you :)

TheRealWolf 0

Tip cause I use to be really small when I was a kid. I started in military school I started with about 10-15 pound weights plus 10 pushups a night and 10 Sit ups and got further into it and well you build and get stronger and upgrade your weights in 6 months I left benching 150-200 Pounds.