By Noname - 02/03/2009 18:52 - Canada

Today, I decided to be a good driver and not run through the yellow light. As soon as I stopped my car another came and rear-ended me. The guy told me to go in the parking lot so we can exchange information. So I drove into the parking lot, I turned my head and watched him drive away. FML
I agree, your life sucks 59 580
You deserved it 7 613

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It doesn't make you a good driver for stopping at a yellow light when you could've gone through. It makes you a douchebag for stopping short and causing the guy behind you to bump you.. of course he's a douchebag too for running away. I guess everyone's a douchebag in this story

Xinxinix 0

Ohh god, the guy should've realized you were stopping because your break lights would've shown. He was probably riding up on your tailgate so far that when you went to stop he crashsed into you. Then he decided to be a jackass and take off leaving you there.

Comments

marris 0

Number 20 never took drivers ed - slow on yellow, break on red. If you approach the light just as it turns yellow, the wrong thing to do is to stop

most important point, if you ever get in an accident and it's more than like 400 dollars worth of damage you dont move the car, you call the police, also you should carry a disposable camera with u and take a pic of the dmg and of their car after the accident.

lulz_fml 0

You're supposed to follow far enough behind to be able to stop without hitting anyone. You should train yourself to memorize license plates.

how can you NOT have taken the plate number first???

#25, in TX you also don't have to take an actual driver's test, which is why half the people in the state can't (and don't deserve to) drive. I'm almost surprised you even *know* what the right thing is to do. (Sorry, I'm bitter. I hate driving in Austin. Or sometimes even riding with friends that "learned to drive" in Texas, for that matter. D= )

KFabery 0

#1 is either not a driver or a part of the problem.

liveitlearnit 0

On Long Island, if you stop at a yellow light- you're going to get your car totaled. I'd have to know where you were from to know if you were doing the right thing. Sorry that jerk left you hanging though.

#5, that's not necessarily true. I've stopped reasonably in advance at a light and still got rear ended by some guy who was clearly not paying attention (it was a few seconds later). He turned around and sped off immediately after, and his license plate actually FELL off his car. I called the police, but they said unless there was actual damage to my car (there wasn't) they couldn't do anything. Also, I'd have had to seen his face, and I didn't, since it was night. Pretty useless.

I lol'd. Must've been so frustrating seeing him drive away. I would've caught up with him