Noooooooo!

By please don't back that thing up - 09/08/2013 05:00 - United States

Today, I stopped at a red light, when I noticed the car in front of me was in reverse. I honked at the driver, hoping he'd realize and place the car in drive. He thought the light turned green and immediately backed into me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 680
You deserved it 6 248

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ITSaSHOT 7

Wonder how they managed to pull up to a light and end up in reverse.

the ever helpful "honk"... I usually do the opposite of what the honkers want, but not like THAT

Comments

Soniye 14

*le sigh* -.-' Honking usually ends bad :/

Honk usually means go or stop lol. That sucks OP! I hope the damage isn't too bad!

Honk is 'pay attention you idiot. I shouldn't have to tell you!'

Gothicbunnyx3 16

This is why I have serious road rage, people who can't drive for their life.

Honking is actually just to let the person in another car know you are.

@59 that's y I don't drive. ..I have my licence but I hate people who drive so I don't bother with it. .. so many idiots driving nowadays

the ever helpful "honk"... I usually do the opposite of what the honkers want, but not like THAT

ITSaSHOT 7

Wonder how they managed to pull up to a light and end up in reverse.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

if the driver put it in neutral than it can be possible. (speaking from experience, but never into a moving car). btw i drive auto.

If you go too far and pass the white line, you simply put it in reverse. That driver just forgot to shift it back to drive. **I can so picture this happening!

Sometimes they its cammera trying to get you to pay them off saying you ran into them. Thats why a dash cam is a must even where people appear to be good drivers with good moral values.

I know my mom puts it in park so she doesnt drift, maybe thats how?

People who put it in park (usually) also take their foot off the brake..

I wonder if some cars are possessed? How else can they change gears

I'm guessing that the driver wanted the 'neutralize' the gear so to start in first. I have no license so my knowledge is vague. However I do know that most cars has to start in first gear and work it's way up. Maybe the car had been riding in fifth gear and then the driver had to slow down, putting it in reverse as he stopped at the light instead of neutral?

I would think that is close to impossible . If you would try to change to reverse while the car is still going you will need a lot of strength (most likely you won´t be able to do it at all) and probably destroy your car.

IT_Nird95 9

I drive a Volkswagen 6 speed manual and I've noticed because of the shift pattern it would be possible to land in reverse while aiming for first. If it's a 5 speed than the guy is just an idiot.

I don't know that much about driving or cars, so can someone explain how OP could've seen that the car was in reverse just from looking at it from behind? Would really appreciate someone telling me... :^}

Continued to read the other comments and got my answer. Sorry for taking up space! •~(:])-H (ps. It's a robot.)

amy6703 6

What an idiot! I hope he didn't mess your car up too bad.

coolboy675 16

Sorry that said thing had been backed up. I hope you two exchanged insurance infos though.

How could you possibly see that he was in reverse? Unless he is backing up, the backinglights are Off..

As long as the car is in reverse the lights are on. Moving or no.

Exactly! Those lights are what I look for in a crowded parking lot-- to know which cars are leaving. (:

It would really suck if the lights were off, especially in a parking lot!

If you idle in reverse the back up lights are still on. How do you think people know when you're trying to back up before you actually try to?

Dusty_Busters 15

Lol lady they are always on when you're in reverse

IT_Nird95 9

So you live in Norway... I'm staying the hell out of Norway.

What a twist! Start producing movies people.

Yes because I know lots of cars who can speak english, has access to the internet, and is able to type.

Maybe you shouldn't have done anything, let him realize his fault

Plot twist: OP saw all this in his rear view mirror..the other car was moving correctly, and sped up at the green light..

Good question! Why don't you go and ask and let us all know?

hcollins1 18

They might have been over the white line then backed up and may have forgotten to put it back in drive. Or they might just like to put it in reverse at red lights. We may never know.

Or maybe op is driving a manual and misplaced it