By JayDNut - 08/11/2013 21:17 - Pompano Beach

Today, my girlfriend "got even" with me after an argument by telling people that I've been beating her. Three guys later came over to my place and beat the crap out of me. Her reaction: "I didn't think they'd take it so serious!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 049
You deserved it 4 275

JayDNut tells us more.

OP here. The argument was over where we'd spend Christmas (her family or mine) and I was adamant we'd spend it at mine after spending the previous at hers. No bones were broken (am missing a tooth, however) although I'm a maze of bruises and swelling. We're no longer together now. Thanks for all the supporting messages!

Top comments

Spousal abuse is serious as ****. Your girlfriend is a twat for lying about something like that.

MzZombicidal 36

And what's so wrong with her that she thinks domestic abuse is something to joke about?

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
MzZombicidal 36

And what's so wrong with her that she thinks domestic abuse is something to joke about?

Why are you both assuming he did some horrible thing? They are together. She's just an idiot who took what I'm assuming was a harmless game too far.

Phoebe_Buffay 14

I can't believe she would lie about something as serious as this. In health, we're learning about abusive relationships, and the cases are just so messed up. She should be happy that she isn't in one herself.

MzZombicidal 36

32, #1 didn't assume it was horrible. They were only asking what OP did which I'm also curious about. I'm also questioning why she thinks her actions were humorous when there are plenty of women stuck in actual abusive relationships.

mangoboy1 19

Probably nothing, she's just a dumb bitch. Now when she actually is being beaten nobody will believe her.

frizz101 22

It doesn't matter what he did to make her mad, what she did was totally inappropriate and she should be put in jail for almost killing OP.

Dawnstempest 17

@ 1 Why do you always assume it's the guy who did something to make the woman angry? If this was reversed and a couple of women came over and beat up the OP's girlfriend would you be saying "What did you do to make him so angry?" Or would you be saying "Get the hell out of that relationship with a psycho like that?"

98 I do agree that most likely, it was an extreme overreaction on the girlfriends part. But to answer the question of why people are assuming OP did something: there are far more cases of abuse from the male side to the female, and as such it is (unfortunately) generally the case in situations like this that it is not just female abuse, but something causing the woman to act that way. (as in, its more likely to be revenge than plain abuse from the woman, because there are so many more cases of women being the abusees) Of course, this is not every situation, but enough to make people assume it's the guys fault.

#139 - It is estimated that there are almost as many cases of men being abused as women in relationships, however most go unreported, as it is a very difficult thing for men to report, because of stereotypes. These same stereotypes account for the reasoning behind the assumptions that men are more often the abusers, and that women do more out of revenge or defense than up-front abuse or control games.

There have actually been MORE cases of women physically and mentally abusing men in relationships. Its just that when men abuse women it is normally more serious. All I'm saying is that more often than not women are the ones that resort to physical violence first.

Nobody said OP did a horrible thing, we were wondering what they fought about that made her so mad.

did you get needlessly beat up or do you actually hit a girl? I sincerely hope its the former not the latter

iLike2Teabag 27

Did you not read the post or do you lack the brain power for reading comprehension? I sincerely hope it's the former not the latter.

whiteboy896 9

Seems as if you're in a relationship with someone who doesnt take being beaten seriously.

Wolf87535 4

i have actually gone through the court process of proving myself innocent of DV. It is expensive, painful, and ruined my job and life for several years after. OP, listen carefully- leave NOW. Do not walk away - run.

Have to agree, there are certain things you should never accuse someone of lightly. Mud sticks as they say, and once accused some will always believe that to be the truth.

anonymous100000 17

yeah. you need to leave her OP. immediately.

Spousal abuse is serious as ****. Your girlfriend is a twat for lying about something like that.

OP needs to breakup now, before her reaction to a joke OP makes is to hit him with the car...

perdix 29

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
xpokeloverx 6

Technically it is spousal abuse even if they aren't husband and wife

No 69, technically, spousal refers to husband/wife or marriage.

#45 "I didn't think that your bones would take the hit so seriously!"

flashback.miss 28

wtf! your girlfriend is so immature! who cries wolf about being abused for revenge over a petty argument?!

I don't think she expected anyone to really take her seriously. She shouldn't have joked about it at all, though.

kyu_Q 19

with the frequency of deaths from domestic abuse EVERY one ought to take it seriously

I had that happen when I broke up with this psycho girl. She later clarified things when I called her out on it and she had no proof, but it still got crazy for a moment for me

I guess it's good to know she has people who care about her! But yeah... the beating... not so good.

I'd break up with her and file charges against them and her.

She should know you don't even joke with stuff like that

thatonegirlnic 10

That is never, never okay to joke about. Ever

I can't believe some people think it's ok to joke about domestic abuse, especially when it's taken so seriously today. She's a bitch.