By Don't text and work - 23/06/2009 05:04 - France

Today, at work I got told off by my manager for texting while working. Enraged by this, I trash talked her to the new girl at work. The new girl, a.k.a. my manager's daughter. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 152
You deserved it 68 869

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Moral of the story: be careful who you talk to. Or, better yet, trust nobody. Still, YDI. People who text all day under their desks instead of actually doing their job seriously irk me.

Comments

redtear 2

I agree that the OP was in the wrong. But, to everybody telling her to grow up, have you considered that maybe she is a teenager? I started working at 15 so I know its possible. That wouldn't excuse her behaviour, but it would explain it. And if she is young then I'm inclined to think that even with this type of behaviour she is more responsible than most.

It doesn't really matter if she's teenager or not. Basically you're saying that its more responsible to get a job and spend your workdays texting with your buddies than not to get a job at all? I started working when I was 14, but I wasn't texting at work, I was working my ass off.

redtear 2

Actually, yes, I am saying it is more responsible to get a job and spend your workday texting than it is to not get a job. I am pretty sure anyone would agree with me on that. I am not saying it is good workplace ethic. I am not saying she should be allowed to do that because of her age, which I may be incorrect, but am assumming is young. I am simply saying, that comparitively speaking, with the assumption she is a teenager, she is in fact more responsible than most by having a job. That said, I hope she learned her lession, so that, in time, she will become a responsible worker. Isn't that how we learn? By making mistakes and learning from them? Is there not a single moment in your life that you messed up badly and look back on and go "Oh my God, how could I have done that? Everyboy knows not to do THAT."???

I have to say you deserve that. Work is not the place for texting. What I seem to be more intrigued by is how you can complain about her to someone, without realizing that person is the boss' daughter. Did you literally just start talking your "trash talk" to her without finding out who she was? That's irresponsible. Something about this FML seems so perfectly in order, that it strikes me as being made up. And if it's not (Which we will assume for the time being) you need to be more mature and fix your own mistakes. And can anyone comment on this forum without turning the entire discussion into hateful bashing of the poster? Oh, and P.S., the use of the word proceeded does sound awkward in that context. It's a common theme with the "fml"ers to add that word, to make themselves sound smart.

happygoluckyhh 0

You shouldn't have been texting at work.

happygoluckyhh 0

The word proceeding is fine...to all the people that think it's not...your an idiot. What was he supposed to say? On another note, 1) You were texting at work 2) You didn't know anything about the new girl...including her last name. Maybe her parents are divorced but still. 3) You dumped it all on the new girl 4) You were being a child for throwing a temper tantrum when you caught got for doing something that you weren't supposed to be doing.

"The word proceeding is fine...to all the people that think it's not...your an idiot." Oh, the level of fail in this post is too strong.

To the person who just called us idiots, he/she should understand the difference between "your an idiot" and "you're an idiot." In not knowing that, you have made yourself a larger idiot then the people you accuse of being idiots... If you're going to post online, make sure you check your grammar. Especially if you're trying to prove to other people that your post is worth reading.

Yeah, Instead of working you were texting, while being paid. And then your boss had the nerve to get mad at you for wasting company money. He's a real bastard.

kpearsall 0

YDI. It's a job, you should do what you're told. You didn't, now you're busted. Smooth. At least you probably work at KFC or something, probably not a HOSPITAL or AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL or anywhere else where other peoples' lives are in your hands.

Ok well I'm going to say the same thing most have said, why the hell do you feel the need to text while you are supposed to be working. I don't get or feel sorry for you. What the hell is so important to some people that they can't put down the cell phone. Texting while working means that you are getting paid to text not the work your are being paid to do so in a sense you are stealing from your company. Grow the hell up and quit your crying and leave the f***ing cell off when you are being PAID to WORK

nicole4rmmi 0