By Sarah - 21/02/2016 00:13 - United States - San Francisco

Today, my boss mistakenly drunk texted me and was talking shit about me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 797
You deserved it 1 730

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Depending how severe it is, take it to HR. Maybe you won't have to deal with her in the workplace any more. I doubt she treats many of her co workers respectfully.

Your should have texted back something like "Yeah, that OP, what a ****!" Then you would have gained his trust and could get him to divulge some dirty secrets you could use against him in the future ...

Comments

Depending how severe it is, take it to HR. Maybe you won't have to deal with her in the workplace any more. I doubt she treats many of her co workers respectfully.

I don't, no one does. If I did I'd have made sure it was correct for you.

Koalabiter 6

And if they assumed the boss was a male, someone would probably jump on them for being sexist.

That's why it's best to use "they" or "he/she" when unsure cause else someone is sure to be offended. lol.

People take offense to everything way too easily as it is, and on FML you can walk on eggshells all day and it won't matter. I don't understand the people who jump and say (to paraphrase) 'Well we don't know if it's a male or female.' Who cares? It's still shitty and it's still unacceptable to drunkenly text an employee and discuss their issues with that employee without at least coming to them about it first and addressing the issue. It really speaks to the professionalism of the boss to talk that way about someone they manage behind their back.

Talking shit about someone and giving them constructive criticism to improve their job skills are two completely different things.

If he's any kind of decent you should get an apology the next day when he's sober. FML

An apology, a raise, extensive vacation time...not that I condone blackmail, of course.

I'm just so happy to finally see a boss having done this instead of the usual employee screwing up and texting their boss crap while drunk. This makes for a good change! Lol.

Bring it up and discuss how to work on whatever they said

What did you except? Bosses are jerks, especially when they are drunk.

That's a major generalization, I have a great boss who accommodates my schedule as best as he can, and still gives me lots of shifts. Both my parents are extremely happy with their superiors as well. Some people can't deal with the fact they are paid less than their bosses and resent them for no real reason.

Your should have texted back something like "Yeah, that OP, what a ****!" Then you would have gained his trust and could get him to divulge some dirty secrets you could use against him in the future ...

Hah, wow! That's really the perfect comeback, #12! If I were your boss, I'd promote you for that.

I want to preface this by saying I'm not offended at all by this, but I just find it interesting that people have assigned a gender for OP's boss when OP never stated whether the boss is male or female

I feel like this is something women do more than grown men.

People tend to pick a gender when one isn't specified. It makes it easier to write out "he" or "she" versus "they" all the time. It's just easier to write when you've picked a gender. Plus people sometimes have an image of the FML scenario when reading, and therefore pick a gender to imagine the person. But I always hate the people that always jump on people for picking a gender, "why would you assume the boss is a guy, are you sexist or something?" etc. It's annoying.

#24 not necessarily, especially when their drunk.

Something like that happened to me. I was staying late for work because my bitch of a supervisor wanted me to redo something. She didn't like the way I did it, but it was only because she hadn't been specific enough with her instructions. Anyway, she told me to do something on the computer she had been using and I saw she had an email she had been writing open and it said something like, "I'm staying late because *somebody* is taking forever." As I was leaving I said to her, "By the way, you shouldn't leave your email open so anyone can see it."