By Jackal - 20/08/2019 12:00 - United States - Trumbull

Today, I found out the time I'd requested off for a trip in 2 months, that my boss said that I could go on, wasn't fully processed, just in case he decided I couldn't go. He told me the second part after I'd bought no refund tickets for shows for both me and my girlfriend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 766
You deserved it 155

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Go anyway. Your boss can learn the hard way that his employees are entitled to time off, be it for a vacation, sickness, bereavement, or pregnancy. See your shows, give your girlfriend a trip to remember, and let your boss suffer without you. And if you feel so inclined, look for a new job before you leave, that will allow you to start once you return.

Sell them on StubHub or Craigslist. Or kick your boss in the balls. Or both.

Comments

If he said you can go the first time, go. If he changes his mind, he’d better reimburse you for the whole thing. It’s one thing for a friend. I’m not letting a boss waste my time and money.

Sell them on StubHub or Craigslist. Or kick your boss in the balls. Or both.

Go anyway. Your boss can learn the hard way that his employees are entitled to time off, be it for a vacation, sickness, bereavement, or pregnancy. See your shows, give your girlfriend a trip to remember, and let your boss suffer without you. And if you feel so inclined, look for a new job before you leave, that will allow you to start once you return.

I only know of a few industries where during busy times of the year it’s acceptable. A few other fields, it’s year round and goes with the territory. It does not sound like you have one of those jobs. Stand over him and make him process the paperwork. Even if it means involving HR. If you don’t have any backup from the company, it’s probably a good sign it’s time to look for something better.

Even for jobs that gave busy seasons, bosses can’t say an employee can go on vacation then take it back just because they want to.

ftpallday666 16