Customer service

By Anonymous - 12/07/2023 22:00

Today, I handed a written complaint to a shop manager about an employee who had used foul language to my teenage daughter. I then watched as he took the complaint to the employee in question, they read it together, laughed, then the manager tore it in half and threw it in the bin. FML
I agree, your life sucks 404
You deserved it 1 011

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If I got handed an actual physical letter of complaint for “foul language” in the year 2023 I would probably laugh too, honestly. Feels like it came out of the 1950s. Not to mention that given the manager’s further reaction of doing nothing at all, I doubt that the language used was really as bad as you seem to think it is.

I'm curious what the whole story is. My guess is your daughter was doing something objectionable and managed to batter the employees nerves until they snapped.

Comments

If I got handed an actual physical letter of complaint for “foul language” in the year 2023 I would probably laugh too, honestly. Feels like it came out of the 1950s. Not to mention that given the manager’s further reaction of doing nothing at all, I doubt that the language used was really as bad as you seem to think it is.

Unpopular opinion: foul language at work is always unprofessional, and that employee should have been fired. Sorry that happened; those people are assholes.

Think about the toxicity found on this site that causes the users to get mad at someone for thinking that bad language at work in a public facing position is not just not bad but so good that they dislike you even saying anything about it. Sorry for the run on sentence.

No such thing as foul language. It's subjective and to each their own.

I'm curious what the whole story is. My guess is your daughter was doing something objectionable and managed to batter the employees nerves until they snapped.

You've omitted half of the story, and that makes it seem like your daughter isn't as innocent in all of this as you'd like us to believe.

Did she do something your sweet innocent angel would "never do?" Or did he *gasp* use the word heck? He didn't cuss her out for no reason This isn't the world to raise a fragile child in. you won't always be there to protect her and this world will eat her alive

You can boycott & leave a review if you feel it's worth while.