By augiedd - 05/03/2014 02:46 - United States - Schaumburg

Today, after weeks of summoning up the courage to come out of the closet to my best friend, I told her I was gay. Immediately after she started cracking up, thinking it was a joke. I was so confused and nervous, I went along with it. She still thinks I'm straight. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 822
You deserved it 7 457

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well, just go on about your life as normal. If any incident were to leave her shocked, just whip out the "I told you so!"

Even though your friend laughed, you should have stuck with it.

Comments

There's a chance she has a crush on you (that can happen with male-female friendships) and is shocked by the info. Give her a bit of time and bring it up again.

"Today, I found out that my best friend, with whom I am in love, is gay, and can therefore never ever have any romantic feelings for me ever. FML."

fuckmylife518 15

Awwwwww I'm so sorry OP! This FML literally made me cry :'( It's ok though, when she does realize you were serious, she'll either accept you for who you are or you'll just go out, tell her to **** herself, and find yourself a completely awesome new best friend who doesn't give a shit. :)

RemusJLupin 8
ohishkabibble 21

Wow, your friend is kind of an asshole, OP. I'm very sorry that happened to you! Perhaps you can muster up the courage again, or write her a letter so you don't get as nervous? I know where you're coming from and it can be super nerve-wracking. Good luck with whatever you decide!

drshn 22

Well you cannot say that she is asshole. I mean she probably did not expect him to be gay. May be OP doesn't look like a typical gay guy. I hope OP will find courage to tell her and the world soon.

anabanana6994 4

Have her watch u **** than she'll know ur gay! ;)

As Dr. Suess said "Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you."

its ok!!!! don't worry about it! and please please please do not beat yourself about it! coming out is not easy! its tough! give it time! and when the right moment comes, you will tell her again...with more conviction :) and be proud of yourself! *hugs*

Don't worry about what others think, just be yourself!