By ClosetMishap - 10/11/2009 16:25 - Canada

Today, I told my friends I had been hiding something that I wanted to come clean on. My one friend responds by saying, "FINALLY you come out of the closet. It's about time." I'm not gay. I was just going to tell them my parents were getting a divorce. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 694
You deserved it 4 742

Same thing different taste

Top comments

YDI for somehow thinking telling your friends about your parents being divorced is "coming clean"

FYL cause your friend thought you were gay? big deal.

Comments

YDI for somehow thinking telling your friends about your parents being divorced is "coming clean"

Reyo 2

Be as calm as possible and he'll be the only one who comes out looking like a major asshat. Simple.

After being nonchalantly tagged about being gay, he did not have the nerves to really admit he was a pedophile. Little wonder your parents are getting divorced... they are distraught over your lifestyle.

FYL cause your friend thought you were gay? big deal.

xxDefiantxx 0

fyl because his parents are getting divorced and his friends assume he is gay

Why would you "hide" that from your friends? I just dont understand.

DrPluton 0

It can be hard to talk to friends about family situations. At the same time, his wording, "coming clean," was off-putting.

Yeah, many people don't like to talk about their home lives, even with friends. That's how we get those stories of abused children committing suicide and nobody seeing it coming... they didn't say anything to anyone. OP, bottling up isn't a good idea at all. If it's bothering you, you need to talk to someone.

Well, yes, I can understand not feeling comfortable sharing all personal info/ or home life problems... I guess it was just the wording. The phrases "hiding something" and "wanting to come clean" makes it seem... yes, i guess "off-putting" is a good word.

SIX!!!! GOd i always wanted to do that. but yeah sucks for you... maybe you shouldn't act so freakin gay all the time

WTWNNIL 0

Um why are there so many homophobes on this site? That includes the OP, why is it FML that your friends thought you were gay? Oh right being gay is SO bad that my life must be ****** up... yeah...

I agree. sure, i guess when people say you r gay to a man it means your girly, but people don't need to leave so many offensive comments, im not gay but it isn't the right word to say gay as in stupid or something.

Oh what a wonderful world it will be when it no longer matters if you're gay or straight.

Haha. A double FYL - I don't see those too very often. That definitely sucks though.

Your friends thought you were gay. Big deal. I find this kinda hard to believe for some reason.

perdix 29

Ouch, so your dad's gay and your mom's a lesbian. Pretty soon, you are going to be honest with yourself.

It sounds like you were setting yourself up for the coming out comment so YDI. Sucks about your parents though