By Anonymous - 13/03/2015 15:02 - United States

Today, after several months of eating right, exercising, and weight loss, my mother has yet again arrived at my house, unannounced and with a very sugary cake. She's been doing this most weeks since I lost 50 pounds. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 670
You deserved it 2 839

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Doesn't sound like your mom's being very sweet

Maybe she's saying that you need to sweeten up? Don't give her such a frosted response- appreciate her kindness, even if it's Devil's Food!

Comments

50 pounds is amazing, congrats! I have found that lots of people tend to make comments that they think are supportive, but that chips away at your resolve. Comments like "are to going to stop losing weight anytime soon" or "you are looking healthy, don't lose anymore weight" does just as much damage as tempting one with a whole cake. Good luck!

It might be time to set up some firmer boundaries with your mother. As a recovering binge eater/emotional eater, I would be devastated by that insensitivity. Congratulations on your weight loss. Don't give up!

she's jealous that she can't do it! keep it up, op!

Politely but firmly explain that the next time she shows up with cake, you won't be letting her in.

Just say you dont eat cake because you need to keep your figure. That should work if she isn't a complete bitch.

missnuthin 10

Sounds like sabotage... Perhaps it's time to sit down with your Mom and have a heart to heart? Maybe she's jealous or scared. Is she someone who expresses her affection for others via cooking? That's my mom's thing. She isnt very good at expressing her feelings, so she bakes cookies and cakes and muffins. Which are all yummy, but not helpful to the waistline. My mom backed off on the baked goods after i assured her i still loved and needed her in my life, and we found more constructive things to do together, like taking park walks or going shopping... non-food oriented activities. But hey, that's just what worked for me.

Don't open the door & tell her she can come back once she has ditched the cake. Sounds like she has control issues too. Hope you haven't been eating the junk she brings you, keep up the good work on your weight loss....it's a long hard journey, but well worth the health benefits & extra years of life you'll gain.

Maybe she's just worried you're losing the weight using unhealthy methods. Maybe she's not you're eating at all and doesn't want to see go down the path of eating disorders

msmedieval 11

Congrats on the 50 pounds! I know exactly how difficult it is & how hard you worked to lose them. My mother did the exact same thing. You're not alone. Talk to your dad & tell him that kind of behavior is unacceptable. If he takes your side you can have a conversation with your mom. Keep strong nonetheless!