By Anonymous - 13/03/2015 15:02 - United States

Today, after several months of eating right, exercising, and weight loss, my mother has yet again arrived at my house, unannounced and with a very sugary cake. She's been doing this most weeks since I lost 50 pounds. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 670
You deserved it 2 839

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Doesn't sound like your mom's being very sweet

Maybe she's saying that you need to sweeten up? Don't give her such a frosted response- appreciate her kindness, even if it's Devil's Food!

Comments

I understand what you go through. I lost 40 pounds and my mother has tried many times to sabotage my efforts. When I am visiting, she'd cook greasy food like chips, even if I always say that I will pay for and make my own meals, is pushing me to eat sweet treats, tries to make me fall in my old lazy habits by saying that I don't need to go work out, etc. I just refuse point blank to eat what she wants me to eat and don't listen when she tries to prevent me from doing sports. Keep going, I know it's not easy but you have done the hardest part. Be proud of yourself.

Maybe she was jealous, wanted to look good beside you or...... She thought you looked perfect the way you were or maybe lost a little too much and wanted her perfect girl back.

msam702 2

I think everyone look good in life all the time

stay stopping by her house unannounced with salad and salmon... and casually mention how you wish she'd bring things like that when she came over

she's testing your dedication.. sticking to a healthy regime can be extremely difficult for sure, it's all about will power !

My friend does this. I was 100lbs overweight (due to a medication change). After dieting and exercise I lost the weight, but she's convinced I'm anorexic and every time I see her she's made a huge (mouth-watering/diabetes inducing) dessert and flips if I don't indulge. My family on the other hand will invite me over and count the number of lettuce leaves I get in my salad :P

saffy66 34

Some people seem to like to sabotage others' efforts. You've no doubt already voiced your opinion, so its time to come down a bit harder. Tell he if she wants to come in, the cake stays in the car. You don't have to put up with this nonsense, even from your mother. After all, she's deliberately trying to cause harm to you by pushing you towards unhealthy habits. It's often a dominance issue. My mother tries to control me too but I don't let her. Good luck and maybe by standing up to her, she will realise how unfair her behaviour is.

countryrose92 23

One thing my PT says, if there are people in your life who are not supporting you with your goals (if they are healthy good goals) then you need to take those people from your life. Tell you mom that if she doesn't stop bringing sugary stuff to your home, then she is not allowed to come at all. Invite her to bring cottage cheese and fresh peaches next time as her "desert treat" that way she can have her sweet without totally ruining your plan. You can't have people in your life that want to make you fail, so make those people realize that your goals are important to you by confronting them and giving them a choice.

Congrats on the weight loss. If it bothers you that much that your mom brings you cake every week. Then talk to her but keep up the great work.