No good deed…

By oops - 04/12/2009 17:23 - United States

Today, I saw a moth trapped in a spider web. Feeling gracious, I gently freed it, and then took it to the window to let it out. When I opened the window to set him free, my $300 air conditioner fell two stories and smashed on the sidewalk. The moth flew away. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 765
You deserved it 36 391

Same thing different taste

Top comments

suaveneanderthal 0

what the hell did you think the moth was going to do? Upon seeing your precious air conditioner the moth was supposed to go out and buy you a new one? "The moth flew away" what a great way to end that story, i was expecting it to suck your balls in gratitude, not selfishly get the **** away from the place that it had first been trapped and then had been freed by a ****** giant.

Why is the life of the moth more valuable than the life of the spider?

Comments

Dude, where the hell did you get an air conditioner for $300? The cheapest I've found an air conditioner was for $3,000. Anyway, if it was going to fall out, it would have fallen eventually, probably the next time you opened the window for whatever purpose.

bexox 0

Haven't you ever seen a window unit?

suaveneanderthal 0

what the hell did you think the moth was going to do? Upon seeing your precious air conditioner the moth was supposed to go out and buy you a new one? "The moth flew away" what a great way to end that story, i was expecting it to suck your balls in gratitude, not selfishly get the **** away from the place that it had first been trapped and then had been freed by a ****** giant.

totalbadass 0

ROFL at number 10, you win sir.

kaleid0scopeEyes 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
sheheartsthings 0

lmao thank you for saying this. I was going to say "Lol the moth flew away. What a shocker."

sarcdude 3

yeah, #10's comment wins this one

i_love_you143 0

this person has so many fmls i see them all the timee.. im starting to think she makes them up..

cowgod 0

it was supposed to turn into a sexy genie and fulfill all ur wishes. duh. that moth is a *****.

You can get aircons in Australia for $300 and seeing as the US dollar is better than ours I'm sure the OP could get them for cheaper in the US...

BeNice87 0

Kbaker... What the hell kind of AC are you buying? If you bought one for 3000 you got completely ripped off. Any AC I've ever bought has been under $200.

cutiepie1311 0

lmfao!!!! I loved the ending,it sounded so innocent and pitiful haha shitty ac too sucks for u in the summer

lol, most moths have a defence system to get out of spiderwebs. kinda pointless, and you might have damaged it's wings.

skyttlz 32

10 made me lol and 15 was funny

YDI for not having a real air conditioner

ShadyFTW1 0

Today, while strolling innocently down the street, an air conditioner fell out of the ******* sky and busted my skull. I woke up in a pool of blood with bird shit on my face and a moth fluttering on my nose. Then the moth flew away. FML

How do you know how many FML's this person has?

expen_dable 0

why are there moths and spider webs in your house

My sister used to have a spider in her window.. She named it Dante and it stayed there for months o.O

kaleid0scopeEyes 0

maybe your house is filled with moths, spiders and spiderwebs but mine isn't. that's nasty, you should probably get rid of those spider webs polico wolf, if you cant get a girl that might be why.

#90 my house is filled with webs but I have gotten plenty of girls. but then again I got the girls after my house's once a year dusting and then over time the webs returned and the girls didn't care

Why is the life of the moth more valuable than the life of the spider?

OP could have killed a person, with her idiocy.

bummer! also, window unit ACs are not $3,000... $300 is even expensive, imo!

um why didnt you go to a different window.. instead of the one withh the AC? haha duh its gonnna fall out...

YDI for not following the directions when installing your air conditioner, they come with mounting and securing hardware for a reason, just shutting it in the window is both inefficient and unsafe.

Most just shut in the window... However, opening said window is guaranteed to make it fall.

expen_dable 0

hahaha that gave me a great visual thanks

NeW_Daddy 0

I would have watched the spider eat the moth.... its like national geographic in my own house

Fabby_fml 2

Isn't the moth flying away a GOOD thing?

i think that OP was more concerned about the AC