By Stevski - 11/09/2012 15:08 - Australia - Port Macquarie

Today, after moving in with a couple of vegan zoologists a few weeks ago, I discover that they don't believe that we have the right to kill cockroaches, and will not allow me to do so. The house is infested, and it's spread to my bedroom. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 257
You deserved it 4 013

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I don't care if they don't want cockroaches to die; I would go nuclear on those nasty creatures.

Comments

AngelicTide 11

Cockroaches are bugs not animals! These guys are just idiots. Even 'vegans' draw the line at insects. Hire a exterminator or try to evict them on a health citation. Or the owner, if you're not, will evict all three of you!

I knew a vegan who objected to BREAD because "yeast is a living creature too!" God, I wanted to punch him in the throat.

Uhm, if insects do not belong to the kingdom animalia, in which kingdom should they be placed? O_o

They're actually considered apart of the Kingdom Animalia. There are roughly 25 orders of insects in the kingdom of Animalia. Get your facts straight people. As a vegetarian. I do not agree with many vegans, they're a bit too strict. But this is a whole new level of extremism. I don't know too many vegans who would let roaches live. OP's room mates are taking it a bit too far in my opinion.

AngelicTide 11

I simply mean most people don't see 'insects' as sentient as 'animals' (mammal, in particular).

112 - What do you mean "people"? So far as I can see, only one commenter in this thread said that cockroaches aren't animals. I certainly wasn't seriously suggesting that cockroaches were plants.

Just apologize to them and tell them you'll cook dinner to make it up. THEN catch some roaches, fry them in the pan, mix them in with some seafood, and serve it right up to them.

Vegans don't eat seafood. If you soak the roaches in water and honey, you may be able to convince them that they are figs...

In that case, a ceasar salad will suffice. Just toss the roaches in there and juice them up with some dressing.

obviousboy 8

Moral of the story: never move in with vegans

Rocky007 15

You need to deal with this in the proper order: 1. Kill the vegans. 2. Kill the cockroaches.

boycrazy30007 12

I would line up a new place to live, not tell them, hire an exterminator, let him kill all the bugs, and then move out.

fyreprincess 3

do your vegan housemates wash? are their shoes made of hemp? do they get medical tests and vaccines? it is nearly impossible to be truly vegan in today's world. make your point then kill those *******. (the cockroaches, that is.)

Phone your landlord then. I'm sure he/she will not share their 'world view'. Protip: get a deep bowl and fill it with soda. Cockroaches cannot swim. They will climb into it and drown.

Even better. Use a fruity smelling alcohol like 99 bananas. Then you can torch whichever ones don't drown.

I wouldn't care what they say, I would kill them anyway. That's ludicrous for them to think you'd want to live like that. I understand that vegans don't want to eat animal products, but that's going too far.