By disappointed - 23/09/2011 03:08 - United States

Today, after having saved up my money for months to buy my college-bound son the car of his dreams, I got a phone call telling me it had been totalled during a drag-race. I only gave him the keys two days ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 257
You deserved it 14 115

Same thing different taste

Top comments

CrassKal 27

I seriously hope you knocked his dumb ass out. And that you had insurance.

Comments

SdCounty33 0

What did you think he was gonna do!

physicist48 0

My immediate guess would be to not race it. I'm 19 and still have my first car in good condition. Only a couple door dings.

Ydi. He's old enough to be buying his own car

Matty1188 6

If you had any inkling he was the type to drag race, you shouldn't have bought him a new car. YDI, unless you really don't know your own son.

juturnaamo 29

Maybe he never did it before because he never had a car he thought could win?

Pro tip to parents. Do not buy children expensive toys. He should of got a job and Worked for it. Maybe he would not of been so ready to race knowing he put his own money into it. Spoiled kids these days

Collect whatever insurance you can and keep it for yourself. The dumb kid can buy and total cars on his own dime.

It sucks that most people make the generalization that all teenagers are ungrateful and destructive. When I graduated, by grandfather gave me his 2001 Blazer, and I take care of it very well. Actually, it runs better now then when it was his. (You'd think old people would know that you have to change the oil.) OP, it's kids like your son that make my insurance so damn expensive. fyl.

Kids respect and take of that which isn't always handed to them for free. Next time he can work hard and save up his own money for his next car. Bet he wouldn't total that one.