By disappointed - 23/09/2011 03:08 - United States

Today, after having saved up my money for months to buy my college-bound son the car of his dreams, I got a phone call telling me it had been totalled during a drag-race. I only gave him the keys two days ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 257
You deserved it 14 115

Same thing different taste

Top comments

CrassKal 27

I seriously hope you knocked his dumb ass out. And that you had insurance.

Comments

leadman1989 15

The fast and the FOOLISH What kind of car was it? Hope he didn't hurt himself or anyone else.

boredblonde 17

If he earned the money himself he would of been more respectful of the work that went into the car. But I know how it sucks to see something you work so hard for go up in flames like that.

reddawn85 8

If I'm generous enough to ever buy my kid a car, I'm getting him a rusty pick up with no heat or a/c. Builds character. Also, if he drag races it like a jackass and wrecks it, he owes me 500 bucks.

Why do people continue to just "give" their kids cars...make them buy it themselves! My step daughter proves that no matter what the case, alot of teen drivers are not ready to have a car. She side swiped a guy's grandmother's minivan pulling in a spot a a store with the car SHE bought, then T-boned another car (less than a month later) with the pickup her dad gave her. If it were 100% up to me, she'd never have had a car until she is 18, moved out & is paying for ALL her own stuff. But until then, she is NOT allowed to use OUR car again @ all.

WeAreAHurricane 14

You sound like a very caring and understanding step mother ... -.-

Get off your high horse please. EVERY new driver within a year gets into an accident. That's why they pay more for insurance before their 25. Be lucky she only done minor damage and hasn't drag raced or gotten into a bad accident. The fact that it's HER car and HER responsibility you should not even be concerned with how she drives it. Shea not being reckless . She's new. She won't know how to properly follow traffic, she won't know how much space her car actually takes up when she's in the car and Shea going to get a few dings. Calm down and let her learn.

EVERY new driver? Where did you come up with this tid-bit of information? Your ass? Because if that were to be true then I should have an accident within the next 2 weeks! Or maybe there is another (and more rational) explanation for insurance costs as well as the accidents this girl got into in HER car. But what the hell do I know, I'm just a new driver 2 weeks from being a year into it without a single dent in my car.

kiraleann 16

See, you said "every new driver" so everyone's going to jump your ass and give examples of every kid who doesn't have an accident. If you'd just said "many", they'd leave you alone.

reddawn85 8

Thanks for the amazing life lesson, 61. I'm a better person for hearing that.

jcbspence 0

Actually no they dont I was a new driver I was in an accident I had a green light and some ass in an f-350 t-boned the car he backed up and went around while the guy behind him jumped out of his car went to see if I was ok , and called an ambulance. I suffered internal bleeding, 4 broken ribs, broken nose, and a punctured lung . I don't even have a ******* ticket. So please tell me what I did wrong.

Got license at 16.5 exactly two years later no accidents...

juturnaamo 29

This is the problem with a lot of steps, She shouldn't use YOUR stuff, but to daddy, his stuff should be her stuff, and if you were her mom you'd think that to. That's why I can always get dinner or sleep on the couch at my single daddy's house,I have the key, but I have to call ahead to step dad and mom's. I bet when she moves out, you will expect her to call first.

NOWAYJOSE 14

40, you obviously hate the kid. Your distaste is just oozing out that post. Control yourself woman, she is your husband's kid.

EvilDave 13

I didn't get into a wreck during the first year I was driving. I actually knew how to drive responsibly. You, on the other hand, probably shouldn't be allowed to drive at all.

ReynshineCutting 10

The only wreck I got in my first year of driving was being rear ended at a red light from the jackass behind me who wasn't paying attention.

I think her stepdaughter is just a bad driver...

Where did you get your stats ? I've been driving for 5 years now and have never been in an accident. My parents bought me a car at 16 and I loved it and appreciated it more than anything. If you passed your test and have a license, there is no excuse for getting in accidents (that are your fault). It's called not paying attention. Some teens just aren't ready for driving and it's the parents responsibility to stop them from doing so if they aren't ready. No one is on a "high horse"

KataraTheBender 0

He owes you for a) the car itself and b) the money to fix it.

YDI. Never EVER buy a young person a nice car to begin with! We're all reckless drivers! If you start out with an older car it's not nearly as painful when we crash.

Make your son get a job and pay for it. There's your solution.

Discipline that child. He owes you money, responsibility , and maturity. All things he obviously does not posses . Thankfully, he didn't kill anyone. People like him deserve to never have a license. A car is not a ******* toy.

a_nutritionist 10

wait, this...surprises you? Naw someone doesnt know much about teenagers. Did you let the nanny raise him?

juturnaamo 29

She said she saved for months for the car, my guess was doting single mom.

a_nutritionist 10

id agree, but how many guys 'car of their dreams' costs less than a small house? sounds like a rich parent to me, especially when it only took months and not years.

juturnaamo 29

You can get an old camaro for a couple thousand, maybe he likes the classics