By disappointed - 23/09/2011 03:08 - United States

Today, after having saved up my money for months to buy my college-bound son the car of his dreams, I got a phone call telling me it had been totalled during a drag-race. I only gave him the keys two days ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 257
You deserved it 14 115

Same thing different taste

Top comments

CrassKal 27

I seriously hope you knocked his dumb ass out. And that you had insurance.

Comments

Sorceress0209 0

There would be no way I would buy an 18 or 19 year old a new car maybe an older one first to see how they would take care of it.

This is why you shouldve bought me a car instead.

Geez, spoilt much? I'm not expecting to get my 'dream' car until I've got enough money to buy it myself! Hell, any car I buy is going to be funded from my own pocket. Your kid needs to learn responsibility...

EvilDave 13

OP, YDI because you raised your kid to think that street racing is an acceptable thing to do. You raised, so it is all YOUR fault. You should have been a better parent. And, I have little doubt that you are a single parent, a woman who put her kids first and her relationship with her partner last resulting in divorce. That is the kind of parent who gives her kid his brand new dream car for going to college.

p33lzhear 6

next time dont buy a teen a new car, they wont value it the same. for now let insurance take care of it and your enjoy your new car while you tell him to take a few hundred bucks and buy his own.

Should have gotten him a smart car, that way no matter what he tired to race, it would always fit in the trunk of it.

Bless23 0

What the hell? Why is he racing Stock? What a dumbass and I'm pretty sure he would known better than to do crazy shit like that. Did you ask what the prize was for winning? I'm pretty sure it would have been something insignificant.

Stock cars aren't always slow, and they can still beat other cars.

mic203 2

i hope its clear to u now that u spawned a moron.i hope its clear to u now that u spawned a moron.